Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Copy text
Posted by: jjf
Date: August 12, 2015 01:04PM

Hello
Big problem with K-Meleon 75 (with XP Pro SP2): I can not copy text on most sites!
No problem with another browser. I do not understand...
An idea ?
Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Copy text
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 12, 2015 01:49PM

Bon Jour,

give example URL. And what You do so that others can reproduce the problem. SVP.

regards from Germany guenter

p.s.

Normally the "context sensitive menue" gives You the option copy when/after You have marked a text.

On a page like Yahoon mail where the page's JS interferres with this option You can mark the text and then go to the Menue Edit item Copy to do it.

OT - My daughter & grandson are on holidays at the coast in Northern France currently.

I hear You have bad weather in Northern France?

Posted by: visionhelp
Date: August 12, 2015 03:09PM

Hi,

the text (-name) with link(s) under.
So: mark the name of a link, there ´copy´ is ´gone´, does not exist.
To mark is possible. But not - the - ´offer´ of copy in the menu, (right-mouse).

I wonder already some whiles, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 03:10PM by visionhelp.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 12, 2015 06:22PM

jjf
Big problem with K-Meleon 75 (with XP Pro SP2)

Interesting, I thought KM75 needs at least SP3? Anyone know?
Or is your system tweaked a bit? smiling smiley

As for copying, that usually happens when the page authors forbid it via javascript. Guenters tip should help.
There's also a user pref that may help in some cases, check the options here: F2>javascript>disallow scripts to disable context menu.

@Dorian, please add "&Copy" in the menu above "copy link URL", it's been missed for years! The old workaround with clicking not directly but a bit to the side of the marked text is only known by very few insiders ;-)

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 12, 2015 06:30PM

siria
jjf
Big problem with K-Meleon 75 (with XP Pro SP2)

Interesting, I thought KM75 needs at least SP3? Anyone know?
Or is your system tweaked a bit? smiling smiley

No, SP2 is the virtual machine I run into, ran 74 and runs 75, and no problems, unless the magenta bug is related to it, but I'm not willing to upgrade the virtual machine just for testing purposes. Others have the chance to do on their SP3.

Posted by: visionhelp
Date: August 13, 2015 05:41AM

jjf
not copy text on most sites
is not the
visionhelp
name of a link
Sorry.

A mis-understood for to - be able to - place - "for a (marked) name of a link to copy in (right-mouse) menu is disabled" - this here with.

siria
There's also a user pref that may help in some cases, check the options here: F2>javascript>disallow scripts to disable context menu.
This I must have. [joke]Where can I buy it ?[/joke]

This already is hotly favo(u)red. But they are un-marked from time to time, from - for me - unknown things. (3 from 5 were un-marked, once again.)

guenter
You can mark the text and then go to the Menue Edit item Copy to do it.
(Menu -> Bearbeiten -> Kopieren) Menu -> Edit -> Copy: works for (marked) names of links, too*. This already helps a little bit. Thanks.

(* Too: I may not say. This sounds like I know it from the
jjf
text on most sites
, too.
I do not.)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2015 04:21PM by visionhelp.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 13, 2015 10:57AM

Folks, I think this is the old same problem with focus on pages.

jjf,
please test the same sites with KM75.1 with the latest updates - you should be able to copy there.

If not - the problem isn't related to K-Meleon only.

P.S. Also, provide more details: what are the pages? how do you open them? (there was a glitch with focus of pages, diverted by link design or javascript); how do you copy - by hotkey or through menu items?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2015 11:00AM by rodocop.

Posted by: Croat-meleon
Date: August 14, 2015 05:09PM

siria
@Dorian, please add "&Copy" in the menu above "copy link URL", it's been missed for years! The old workaround with clicking not directly but a bit to the side of the marked text is only known by very few insiders ;-)
And one "outsider" now knows it, as well. Thank you. smiling smiley
(I've noticed that earlier, but I've used CNTRL+C as a workaround. smiling smiley )

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.