Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Clicking on tab closes it instead of showing it / Solved: Hardware Failure
Posted by: galesl
Date: August 24, 2015 01:54PM

Using K-Meleon 75.0 on Windows 7.

When I have several pages open and I want to see one of them, I click on its tab to show it. That worked fine the first couple of months, but lately about 40% of the time I do that, the tab closes instead and I have to CTRL+ALT+z to re-open. It's beginning to drive me nuts.

I wondered if maybe it was an inadvertent mouse gesture, but I checked in my settings and mouse gestures are turned off.

I've also looked at Settings > Browsing > Tabbed Browsing and I see no setting for single left-click.

If it's an inadvertent double click, there seems to be no way to set it to behave like a single click. And why is it only in K-meleon I'm getting this behaviour?

Is there any way to prevent this happening? Thanks in advance.

(Fairly new to K-meleon this time round (first tried it yeeeaaars ago), but I've liked it enough to make it my default and I even donated USD20. But this problem is becoming a deal-breaker for me.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 01:24AM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clicking on tab closes it instead of showing it
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 24, 2015 05:31PM

I don't think anyone has previously mentioned an error like the one you describe.

Do you have any addon systems installed?

Does this problem occur when the number of tabs is small or large or both?

I just tested again in my KM 75.0 and nothing went wrong.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 24, 2015 05:41PM

Check whether mouse is set very fast in windows system mouse setting, any K-Meleon mouse gesture changed or reaction changed in preferences - tabbed browsing - tab bar.

I assume the first is the most likely cause (because You say it does only happen at a high %ge and not always which would point to a setting) unless I missed a posted win 7 bug.

Posted by: mhat
Date: August 24, 2015 05:58PM

kmeleon.tabs.OnDoubleClick -> 2

Date: August 24, 2015 06:43PM

My bad.

I've finally noticed unwanted double-clicks happening in other programs. (it's just that I use the browser so much more than other apps, and the effect is so dramatic.)

To confirm, the problem is not K-meleon; it's either my mouse, or the mouse settings.

I will try the ideas you folks have mentioned. Thanks for the advice.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 24, 2015 06:45PM

The same problem was reported from Russia today. But I cannot reproduce.

mhat,
I think that
kmeleon.tabs.OnDoubleClick -> 1
would be better option as '2' is already set to right-click

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2015 06:45PM by rodocop.

Date: August 24, 2015 06:46PM

I have moved my settings in Control Panel > Mouse > Double-Click Speed from the middle towards "Slow".

Testing it out with lots of tab-clicking, and everything seems OK so far. smiling smiley

Thanks!!!

(As this problem is only recent, I wonder if some recent Windows Update affected the mouse settings.)

Date: August 24, 2015 06:51PM

The problem seems fixed now (fingers crossed) but for future reference, what is the name/location of the file I would have to edit?

Posted by: siria
Date: August 24, 2015 06:57PM

Some 1-2 years ago I had such a "nervous" mouse too, and yes, it was a pain! As a solution I too have changed the tabbar-settings on double-click to some nonsense number, so that it simply didn't do anything. A while later finally got a new mouse, and oh wonder - all probs were solved!

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 24, 2015 07:19PM

galesl,

not file. All settings are available for change on the about:config page, but mouse&tabs ones could be set through GUI in Edit->Preferences (or F2):

-> image clickable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2015 07:20PM by rodocop.

Date: August 24, 2015 10:09PM

@rodocop, thanks for that. I'll remember that in future.

By the way, the problem started happening again, even with my mouse double-click speed set the the slowest possible.

I finally found another mouse and that fixed the problem completely. Nothing to do with K-meleon in the end.

PS
I can't change the topic title to SOLVED. If anyone with mod authority is reading this, please feel free to change it.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 25, 2015 01:27AM

galesl

I can't change the topic title to SOLVED. If anyone with mod authority is reading this, please feel free to change it.

Hola. Done. Glad that it solved so easy. Greeting from Germany

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.