Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Browser Hang&crash
Posted by: kandra
Date: November 14, 2012 06:36PM

Hi, when ever i view pdf files through Foxitreader and close the tab or window,the browser hangs and the screen becomes dull and a windows notification flashes,saying 'windows not responding'.Kindly help me.it is really annoying.Otherwise browser is wonderful more over it is my default one.i am using K-Meleon Twin+ windows7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Browser Hang&crash
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 15, 2012 02:23PM

try to reinstall Foxit Reader or use it portable.

I'm using v.5.1 and all works fine.

Posted by: Kandra
Date: November 16, 2012 04:56PM

I once again reinstalled Foxit reader,but the problem persists.When after viewing pdf files through foxitreader and close the tab or window ,browser getting freezed most of the times.It is not happening with Chrome,Opera or with any browser.Do you want me to change to some other pdf software likw Adobe,Pdf xchange viewer.My system windows7.

Date: November 16, 2012 05:34PM

I'm using Foxit on windows 7 without any problems.

Maybe you are using 64bit Windows?

Date: November 16, 2012 06:01PM

Want an alternative?
You could choose it HERE

I find Foxit Reader the best option but if you've got troubles there...

I suppose Sumatra to be the lightest alternative. But all have their own limitations. Choose one or investigate your system in deep to make Foxit work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 07:19PM by rodocop.

Date: November 17, 2012 03:20AM

HiRodo,I have uninstalled Foxitreader and installed sumatra Pdf,it is working excellently and browser has never crashed or freezed.It is also very fast compared to Foxitreader.Thank you for your kind help.Can you clarify me why certain websites'icons are not stored in the bookmarks list as well as not visible in addressbar.For ex www,softoogle.com the icon is stored and visible in the addressbar where as www.softpedia.com icon is not stored and visible in the addressbar like that many instances.If icon is displayed in the address bar,it looks attractive.

Date: November 17, 2012 04:36AM

Hi Rodo, Now and then if we type or select a site the browser is not responding, the throbber will be showing some action but the progress bar remains stagnant page is not loading.If i restart the browser again it starts loading the pages.Some times even after closing the browser ,the browser is running in back ground if we see the task manager ,we can findout.Kindly help me.

Date: November 17, 2012 11:13AM

Hi, Kandra!
1) Icon handling in KM is really buggy. No chance to really change this. Well, I don't know how to do it.

2) You system is a real storehouse of strange bugs. What is your exact config? I haven't met likes.
What are your connection specs?

Try to install Fasterfox extension and test different networg config presets from there.

Else I don't know what to advise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2012 11:15AM by rodocop.

Date: November 17, 2012 02:56PM

Hi,Mine is windows 7 32 4Gb ram.You want me to download fasterfox Extn just like that or after down load whether i have to merge this one with KM twin+.i am seeing so many extns from Extn manager,do you want me to keep all those.

Date: November 17, 2012 03:10PM

Kandra
i am seeing so many extns from Extn manager,do you want me to keep all those.

It's up to you. Preinstalled extensions were selected by dugbug and me to improve browsing experience.

Anyway, most of extensions (that are just macros) aren't heavy and cannot really decrease KM performance on such a modern PC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2012 03:17PM by rodocop.

Date: November 17, 2012 03:24PM

Hi RodoThank you.Some times i am getting a notification'Some script is preventing to open pages ,do you want to continue like that.

Posted by: kandra
Date: November 17, 2012 06:46PM

Hi Rodo, By enabling adblock the pages load faster or slower ,kindly let me know.

Date: November 21, 2012 11:13AM

Hi, Kandra!

1) maybe you mean notification about 'Unresponsive script'? This happens on some js-rich pages as the engine of KM is outdated and is heavily loaded by script.
If such a behavior is usual for one of you favorite pages then I recommend open it in ChromeTab and add that link to Bookmarks (press Ctrl+D while in Chrometab).
Now opening this page from Bookmarks will force to load it by Chrome engine.

2) AdBlock definitely fastens page load as it filters out much of web-garbage. And it doesn't slow down KM by itself.

Posted by: KEYMELEON
Date: December 11, 2012 10:28PM

USE AN OLDER VERSION I DO AND THE ERROR DISAPPEARED.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.