Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.72' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` AirDroid site now working on K-Meleon
Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
AirDroid site now working on K-Meleon
Posted by: bozack
Date: February 12, 2013 02:33PM

Hi everyone smiling smiley

I've been using K-Meleon for some months by now, but finally ran into something that bothers me.

I just got a new phone (yeah, finally, my first smartphone! tongue sticking out smiley), and want to use the AirDroid app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en) to control it from my computer via the browser. The whole idea is that the phone creates a small server, which the browser can then connect to. In order to connect the two, you start the app on the phone, and go to http://web.airdroid.com on your browser. Then you can scan a QR code from the browser window with your phone, and the two units can then connect. Nice and simple.

However, the AirDroid webpage does not show correctly in the K-Meleon browser (but it does in Firefox). I know that the AirDroid people recommend using Firefox, Safari, or Chrome - but I would love if it was possible to use K-Meleon. Aren't K-Meleon using the same engine as Firefox (gecko), or did I misunderstand something?

Can anyone see what might be happening and how I might be able to fix it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AirDroid site now working on K-Meleon
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 12, 2013 04:20PM

What is wrong there? Could you add a screenshot with comments?

What version of KM do you use?
With any KM from my signature site seems to be rendered properly. (But I haven't any Android device)

Try to use latest available KM build like 1.6beta2dot5 or K-Meleon Twin or 1.7a...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2013 07:33PM by rodocop.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 13, 2013 08:35AM

bozack
Aren't K-Meleon using the same engine as Firefox (gecko), or did I misunderstand something?

Can anyone see what might be happening and how I might be able to fix it?

Yes it does. But K-Meleon uses an older version of the Mozilla Gecko Rendering Engine.

You can use K-Meleon 1.6beta or K-Meleon 1.7alpha for a newer GRE that is more compatible with pages and applications that do not support K-Meleon 1.5.4 any more.

p.s. But that is about all You can try. Mozilla.org stopped to support applications
that use its html rendering engine about a year ago. There will be no newer engine for K-Meleon than that of 1.7a.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 08:38AM by guenter.

Posted by: bozack
Date: February 15, 2013 08:09AM

rodocop
What is wrong there? Could you add a screenshot with comments? What version of KM do you use? Try to use latest available KM build like 1.6beta2dot5 or K-Meleon Twin or 1.7a...

What happens is that the site shows up with just the background, nothing else renders. I tried installing the 1.6.0 Beta2 version (I couldn't find a download link for the alpha, though?), and now the site actually renders - though the QR code that should show up doesn't load. I can connect the phone with the site now though, with the passcode part, but things crash after that (it just feels like the connection between the phone and the browser is really slow, and things time-out).

guenter
You can use K-Meleon 1.6beta or K-Meleon 1.7alpha for a newer GRE that is more compatible with pages and applications that do not support K-Meleon 1.5.4 any more.

p.s. But that is about all You can try. Mozilla.org stopped to support applications that use its html rendering engine about a year ago. There will be no newer engine for K-Meleon than that of 1.7a.

That's too bad. I think I might try the alpha, if I can find a download link for it, but otherwise I guess I will just have to use another browser for this one thing.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 15, 2013 04:04PM

You can inspect/reach all recent K-Meleon development files via:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon-dev/

You will also find works based on the the dev files in the general forum

for example in http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,123763

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2013 04:13PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon