Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
command line not working?
Posted by: hillschmidt
Date: January 14, 2016 08:13AM

Folks,

I want to use K-Meleon as real off-line browser on a CD (in the past I used an old Opera for that purpose).

My problem is that the command line parm -profilesDir doesn't work ... or I misunderstand the concept ...
k-meleon.exe is always trying to use the profile on CD what cannot work 'cause it can not write there ...

What I did with Opera in the past (and failed now with k-meleon):
- I copied via batch the wanted profile data/files in a folder under %TEMP%
- I started opera (from CD) with the parm -pd for that folder

Trying to to the same for k-meleon fails - it seems that the switch -profilesDir is not recognized. The program starts but finishes immediately.
By simulating the CD in making the Profiles folder READONLY (and no switch using) the error message that the Profile cannot be used (or is already used) pops up and the Profile selector window appears.

Is there a bug, or can this not work at all? Any hint is really appreciated!

(I want to replace Opera with a newer browser for this CD project ...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: command line not working?
Posted by: siria
Date: January 15, 2016 07:59AM

Guess that was already discussed some weeks ago and there was really a bug, but am not quite sure anymore... Perhaps try the latest KM76beta3?
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,136880

Re: command line not working?
Posted by: hillschmidt
Date: January 15, 2016 10:57AM

Thanks for the suggestion! I already tried this but also: no success! The same non-functionality, sorry to say.
But now I know that this is a bug - so I have to wait for a fix. Please keep me informed!
Thanks!

Just realized that I need to download the Beta3 from SourceForge and not from the kmeleonbrowser homepage ... there you get only the 76Alpha ...

... and now I'm getting happier: the -webapp with the -profilesDir seems to work now - the only I'll need to run k-meleon from CD with files (xhtml, CSS, Javascript) for a special purpose, including a copy of the default profile to %TEMP% - just what I want to achieve.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 11:35AM by hillschmidt.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.