Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
There is no favorites button
Posted by: sendhelp
Date: April 14, 2016 07:34AM

This is going to take a savvy user to fix. I'm running K-Meleon 75.1 Portable modified, and what I did was edit K-Meleon75.1/browser/defaults/settings/toolbar.cfg

At the point where it reads
------------------------------------

%ifplugin favorites
Favorites{
favorites(Edit)|F&avorites

------------------------------------
I changed around favorites(Edit)|F&avorites into F&avorites|favorites(Edit)
and now the favorites star is responsive, but not visible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: There is no favorites button
Posted by: siria
Date: April 14, 2016 08:41AM

You replaced "left=command|right=menu" with "left=menu|right=command"
Would be surprised if commands on the right side work at all...

In the default skin (=new skin system) the part on the left side needs an icon definition in file "skin.cfg". It's in the active skin folder, just open it with an editor like notepad.
But I see the starlet-icon contains already all sorts of definitions, incl. for menus:

["bookmarks(Edit)", "favorites(Edit)", "hotlist(Edit)",
"bookmarks(Add)", "bookmarks(AddLink)",
"favorites(Add)", "hotlist(Add)",
"favorites(AddLink)", "hotlist(AddLink)",
"@&Bookmarks", "@&F&avorites", "@H&otlist"
],

So back to toolbars.cfg again, try "@&F&avorites" as left-command and see what it does...
(but haven't tried myself, and not familiar with this @& prefix, wondering why bookmarks and hotlist only got 1 "&", so not sure)
At any rate it can be done, if necessary with a bit experimenting (add "F&avorites" after a comma? Or was it "popupmenu(F&avorites)"?)

In general better make a backup COPY of those files first, because those are the "template" files. Especially the toolbars.cfg should be copied directly into the active skin folder and modified only there. The files in the "browser/" folder should be kept original, or in case of a little typo or anything KM can be messed so badly it may not even be startable anymore.
Better yet, create a new OWN skin folder, parallel to "skins/default" and "skins/klassic", name it what you like (e.g. "myskin"), and activate it in Preferences. At least the files that are modified should go in there (cfg), but copies of the rest don't harm.

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 08:45AM by siria.

Date: April 14, 2016 10:53PM

" So back to toolbars.cfg again, try "@&F&avorites" as left-command and see what it does...
(but haven't tried myself, and not familiar with this @& prefix, wondering why bookmarks and hotlist only got 1 "&", so not sure)
At any rate it can be done, if necessary with a bit experimenting (add "F&avorites" after a comma? Or was it "popupmenu(F&avorites)"?) "

Replacing F&avorites with @&F&avorites makes the favorites star show up again, but if you left click it, all it does is flash a darker blue, like your active tab. Adding a comma before it (,F&avorites) makes it do the same thing, except without the star showing up, and typing popupmenu() around it, as in
--------------------

%ifplugin favorites
Favorites{
popupmenu(F&avorites)|favorites(Edit)

--------------------
doesn't work, in the same way as ,F&avorites doesn't work; no icon and only a blue flash when you click it

Posted by: siria
Date: April 14, 2016 11:55PM

The comma is a misunderstanding, it doesn't belong into toolbars.cfg or inside the (), had only meant to extend the list in skins.cfg

Oh well, anyway, tried it now myself in 75.1 and - no luck sad smiley
So am afraid that leaves you with compromise options only, provided I got it right and what you want is the Favorites list on LEFT-click?

1) Use in toolbars.cfg "F&avorites|F&avorites" and don't mind the "empty" button...
2) Or use in toolbars.cfg "@&F&avorites|F&avorites" and LONG-click left (or touchpad: double-click and hold a bit) (right-click still works too)
3) Or use the text menu in the menu bar
4) Or enable the Favorites toolbar and move it so that only the left header is still visible, to minimize the wasted space. Click the down arrow to open the menu

Sorry, no better ideas :-/
Perhaps anyone else knows a solution...?
And haven't tested in KM76, things may be different there.

Date: April 15, 2016 04:37AM

thanks for your help, I'll just use the menu bar favorites instead

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.