Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Closing the last tab doesn't clear tab history
Posted by: anontemp123
Date: April 16, 2016 10:08PM

KM 75.1

I start KM. I load www.google.com. I close the last tab. The tab now reads "Empty", but I can click back and go to www.google.com. I expected it would actually close the tab and open a new tab instead of just loading "about:blank".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Closing the last tab doesn't clear tab history
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 17, 2016 12:11PM

In preferences > browsing > tabbed browsing > general, there are options for closing the last tab. I usually change mine to be 'close the window'.

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 17, 2016 01:48PM

anontemp123
KM 75.1

I start KM. I load www.google.com. I close the last tab. The tab now reads "Empty", but I can click back and go to www.google.com. I expected it would actually close the tab and open a new tab instead of just loading "about:blank".

After closing a tab. IMHO it merely closes the URL and empties the tab. The tab/window stays open if it is the only tab (my settings). Click Back must then logically open the last open URL which in Your case was www.google.com.

If a tab shows the back icon active it still has a tab history.

To get a totally new tab - click e.g. into empty space on the tab bar to get a new about:blank / tab. That has no tab history thus no active back icon.

With the settings I have chosen I use this to get a totally new tab.

You can try alternatively with the "Close Window" function if last tab is closed whether that does what You desire if the last tab in the only Window is closed / or whether it shuts down K-Meleon.

In Preferences Tabbed Browsing General (where I have chosen empty tab).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 04:10PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 17, 2016 02:40PM

I could swear that history thing was already discussed some months back, but searched endlessly and still can't find it anymore sad smiley Perhaps had something to do with UndoLastClosed or session-restore...

Posted by: anontemp123
Date: April 17, 2016 09:18PM

I understand all the points being made, and it's not a big deal the way it works now. It's just counter to my intuition. When I close a tab, I expect it to go away with all its history and everything.

Although, the "Preferences" are truthful; they read "Empty the tab" which is what happens I guess.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.