Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Web Pages Not Rendering Properly
Posted by: clutterless
Date: August 28, 2016 06:36AM

I was an early adopter of K-Meleon. I probably started with the first stable version several
years ago. I couldn't believe how much faster web pages were loading! Other browsers claimed
to load pages faster than IE, but I never noticed a significant difference.

After installing the latest version a few months ago, I instantly liked this toolbar:

http://pasteboard.co/dXMPRcBtT.jpg

Toggling JavaScript, Images, Popups, etc., with a fast mouse click was perfect for me. I visit
a lot of technical sites that are mainly text.

I just posted on one of those big "top ten" computer forums about finding a replacement
browser. Lately, I've tried to visit many sites that simply won't render properly with K-Meleon.
Messages are appearing about "using a supported browser" like Google Chrome, Opera, etc.
After installing K-Meleon_v75.1 it was just an occasional problem so I ignored it. Now, it's
more like one out of five pages that load with sections missing.

I haven't googled about this problem, so I don't know if it's common or just a glitch with my
operating system. I'm extremely reluctant to walk away from my favorite browser, but what
else can I do?

Just to be clear, K-Meleon_v75.1 is working fine. It's not crashing or freezing up. The problem
is all about numerous web pages that no longer render correctly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Web Pages Not Rendering Properly
Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 28, 2016 10:48AM

clutterless
I haven't googled about this problem, so I don't know if it's common or just a glitch with my
operating system. I'm extremely reluctant to walk away from my favorite browser, but what
else can I do?

You might want to read this thread first.
More precisely - it would make sense to specify if incopatible sites work with the Firefox(Gecko) version K-meleon's code is based on.

In case they don't then there is nothing K-Meleon can do about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2016 10:49AM by Yogi.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.