Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Kmeleon doesn't open after update
Posted by: spirit92
Date: January 12, 2017 03:49PM

Having an issue with getting Kmeleon to start at all. I was running 75.1 and upgraded to the 76 beta. After upgrading, Kmeleon wouldn't open at all. Nothing in the processes in task manager, nothing in applications. I uninstalled, removed the Kmeleon folder left in Program Files afterward, reinstalled 75.1, but it still does not run. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling three more times but I'm still unable to run it. Not sure what happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kmeleon doesn't open after update
Date: January 12, 2017 04:10PM

I'm running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, btw

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 12, 2017 06:15PM

Since K-Meleon is a 32 bit program, it should not have been in Program file folder. It should be in program files (x86).

Having said that, I always make my KMs portable. I do not install. I went to C drive and made a folder called "KM_pgms". Since I created the folder, I have full authority there. Inside KM_pgms folder I make a folder for which ever KM version I wish. The most recent being "K-Meleon76RC2". Note that I do not have spaces in the folder names.

I then use 7-Zip to extract the KM code to the folder and just click on the k-meleon.exe file. K-Meleon creates a profile within the folder.

It is not the way some do it, but it works for me.

Date: January 12, 2017 07:52PM

It was the x86 folder, forgot to mention that.

The portable works fine. Might just have to pin shortcuts to that.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 13, 2017 02:04PM

spirit92
Might just have to pin shortcuts to that.

That is what I do.

One thing to remember is that this method creates a new profile. I then make changes to the new profile to keep preferences the same as in my previous profile. It might be possible to copy the contents of a prior profile over the new one. I have not tried that. Since I use Favorites rather than bookmarks, I have no need to move/copy them.

I have systems in place to copy logins and permissions. I can provide you the code to do that if you need it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.