Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
User Agent Bug
Posted by: Dharnish
Date: October 28, 2014 12:17PM

This bug exists in Kmeleon 74.0.
If you click on Settings-->View-->Toolbars-->Privacy Bar.
When the Privacy Bar appears. Just right-click on User-Agent.
And you are done. smiling smiley The right click doesn't appear at all! tongue sticking out smiley
My system is - Windows XP SP3, 248 MB ram, 40 GB harddisk.
Never thought Kmeleon could have a bug tongue sticking out smiley
Anywayz, hope u fix in next release..
Best Of Luck Kmeleon Team! winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: User Agent Bug
Posted by: gordon451
Date: October 28, 2014 12:33PM

Bug appears in W7HPx64 SP1 also.

Gordon.

Re: User Agent missing in KM74
Posted by: siria
Date: October 28, 2014 02:52PM

Dharnish
Never thought Kmeleon could have a bug tongue sticking out smiley

ROFL!!! Thanks for the laugh grinning smiley grinning smiley

But THIS actually is no bug, because it was fully intentional that the UA-macro was removed sad smiley
Now you could say, but then the tooltip text is wrong! True, but still I'm glad it's still there anyway, because there exist several UA custom macros which can provide that function again, and then it's very handy if the menu is still there.

If you're already used to the old UA function, the easiest way would be to copy over the "useragent.kmm" from an old KM version, also copy over your old list of UA strings (either in prefs.js in a personal profile, or in folder K-M/defaults/pref, do a text search for useragent in those files). That list must be numbered and must not have any holes/jumps between UA numbers, than it hopefully works again.

That said, I can only test this offline, since my online-machine is too old, but the global switching works. Just not quite sure if that pref may not be split too, into a global and a per-site-UA, similar as the JS prefs in 74g31? Someone could test?

Date: October 29, 2014 10:59AM

I am sorry, dear sir/mam. I dont know where that kmm file exist.. Thanx for the reply.. I am not a hacker, nor a developer, nor a programmer.. so instead of doing some stupid shit, i will wait for the next release. tongue sticking out smiley thankyou.. take care.. ^_^
K-meleon Team is doing a great job. Keep it up! ^_^ otherwise that stupid google chrome just goes out of memory! >.< -.-

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 29, 2014 06:46PM

Dharnish
so instead of doing some stupid shit, i will wait for the next release. tongue sticking out smiley

No idea whether it is planned to ever put it back. No need to be a programer:

Unpack attachment. Copy the two files to the right places.

useragent.kmm goes into ./K-Meleon/macros
UserAgents.js goes into ./K-Meleon/browser/defaults/preferences

That should work after restart.

Greetings to India from Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 06:49PM by guenter.

Attachments: UserAgents.7z (1.2 KB)  
Date: October 29, 2014 07:13PM

Boah... today is the first time that this guru meditation thing is getting really annoying... So far it never lasted longer as 2-3sec for me :-/

@guenter: all 3 strings contain already firefox. But FF compat mode is already ON by default too. Now I wonder: does FF then appear 2x in the string? Or is it somehow automatically reduced to 1x again?

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 29, 2014 07:47PM

The compatmode only replaces the default with the default+plus firefox.

If you are using another UA, compatmode is not enabled and/or the UA is not changed then. Only if it is the default.

Date: October 29, 2014 07:51PM

Are you sure?? Have read that otherwise - or so I thought...

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 29, 2014 07:56PM

I tested before reply because I wasn't sure after your post, but yeah, only the default is changed. In other words, only the default is changed, so when you choose the default it depends in the compat pref.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 29, 2014 08:07PM

siria
Boah... today is the first time that this guru meditation thing is getting really annoying... So far it never lasted longer as 2-3sec for me :-/

@guenter: all 3 strings contain already firefox. But FF compat mode is already ON by default too. Now I wonder: does FF then appear 2x in the string? Or is it somehow automatically reduced to 1x again?

These are authentic current Mozilla UA strings that were installed here on my machine at the time.

Naturally. They all use Firefox string. That is "recomended" by Mozilla.org.
No wonder that Dorian skipped teh macro and settings. SeaMonkey was conveniant on some pages.

Guess You ALL know how to extend and alter things. grinning smiley

Yes - it was made before Dorian made compatible mode default.

If Dharnish wants we can tell him how to change things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 08:14PM by guenter.

Date: October 29, 2014 08:13PM

Interesting, thanx for testing!

Date: November 04, 2014 07:50AM

Hey there IronMan.. tongue sticking out smiley that worked like charm.. Thankyou! ^_^
@siria, thankyou.. the issue is solved now. smiling smiley

@Anyone who read my bug thread/question, I actually don't have a habit of reporting bugs, and i don't even like to waste my time in that but the reason i reported this bug was bcoz I like K-meleon as a browser. In one click you can enable/disable cookies,images,java,javascripts,popups.. And is 'Highly' customisable! <3 :p
Website owners often track users, their 'browser versions' and then later use Metasploit to launch exploits/hack computers..(I am not a hacker, i just know what and how hackers do their job) I don't want to get hacked so i often use Google Chrome as browser and Mac as OS(as a useragent string), so that if someone launches exploits on me, they will fail.. cause they are for Mac and i use Win tongue sticking out smiley And that Adobe flash player always comes with its stipid vulnerabilities and flaws.. tongue sticking out smiley
Atlast who stupid would use an Antivirus on a 248 mb ram? :|
He will be fucking his own shit! tongue sticking out smiley hehe grinning smiley

Date: November 04, 2014 08:00AM

By IronMan, i meant guenter. Not anyone else.
Only guenter!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.