Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-Meleon closes or stop responding
Date: July 02, 2017 09:34PM

This happens when I click a link or enter a page that has pop-up windows. It's really annoying to browse those areas where SPAM and Ads are everywhere.

Any ideas to solve this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon closes or stop responding
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 02, 2017 11:42PM

There are options with the KM preferences which may help. You can get to them by pressing F2 and going the section named "Content filters" within Page Display. These are not perfect because there are so many ways to produce popups.

We may be able to supply more detailed help if you could tell us the KM version that you are using and supply the URL for a page which causes your problem.

This site http://popuptest.com/ can help test blocking.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: July 04, 2017 11:08PM

I'm using the version 75.1, and the pages are... well, you know, p*rn, illegal software and that kind of sh*t, the Ads, pop-ups and crapware are persistent and annoying on that area of the internet.

I don't mind having to close every window that pops-up but I can't stand the constant crashes.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 05, 2017 01:05PM

A lot of the popups which cause crashes will only run if JavaScript is enabled. JavaScript can be switched between enabled and disabled by pressing the F7 key. You can see the current state of JavaScript by viewing the privacy bar.

I sometimes disable js when loading an index page an change to enable only when I reach a site that I wish to see. Some of the js is written to run only upon the first click on a site and not on subsequent clicks.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 05, 2017 02:42PM

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.