Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Video Full screen, Multimonitor problem.
Posted by: Immunity
Date: November 03, 2017 01:09AM

I looked at the bug tracker and didn't see anyone else report this, or have any other issues besides myself, but I personally have two monitors. One for web browsing and videos, the other for my main stuff such as gaming, ect.

My secondary monitor I have Kmeleon 76RC2 running, and this was also an issue with older versions as well, where if I tried to pull up any video for something like youtube for example. It would automatically move kmeleon to full screen on my main.

Any help would be appreciated, it's the only downside to this browser for me personally. Everything else is awsome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Video Full screen, Multimonitor problem.
Posted by: siria
Date: November 03, 2017 01:18AM

Sounds familiar... was mentioned here already, two weeks ago, but no solution there (too few people here sorry):
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,142612

Still I think there WAS a solution posted or a reason or something, but in another thread a bit later... Perhaps someone else remembers, or try the forum search yourself?

Posted by: Immunity
Date: November 03, 2017 01:28AM

Oh my mistake, I think I skimmed it a few times without retaining what I read, but yes the problem is simular. Sorry for the double post, and thankyou.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 03, 2017 11:07AM

I tried to test with a second monitor. When it was connected to my laptop, everything displayed on second monitor. How do I make items outside of KM display on the laptop display?

Using Win10 64 bit and KM 76 beta 2.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: anonymous
Date: November 03, 2017 05:35PM

@JamesD

An extended display is requested.

If you want to test it, hold down the Windows key and press the P key. It opens a panel on the right. Select the display style option "Extend".

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 04, 2017 01:11PM

anonymous
If you want to test it, hold down the Windows key and press the P key. It opens a panel on the right. Select the display style option "Extend".

Thank you.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: N
Date: December 15, 2018 07:03PM

Аналогичная проблема. При попытке развернуть видео на полный экран на дополнительном мониторе изображение и браузер переносятся на основной экран ((( Очень бы хотелось исправить данную ошибку

Posted by: Tuckson
Date: February 11, 2019 02:08PM

Was just filing the same question when I saw this one.

For me goes the same.
I want to use K-Meleon on a system with 3 monitors added to it. However, when I use f11 to go fullscreen, K-Meleon always flees back to the primairy monitor, even when the non-maximised window fully resides on monitor 2 or 3.

I can reproduce this on my laptop, with 2 displays attached via displayadapter cables.

Is there any way to prevent that from happening? If not, can I file a bugreport for this ? ;-)

Very pity, because for the rest K-Meleon suits my needs ways better than all the big browsers out there. But this one is blocking me from actually using it.

Funny sidedetail: When I maximize K-Meleon, the top of the screen is outside the screen's border (Can see this because in my laptop setup, one of my monitors is positioned above my laptopscreen. The hight outside is approximately twice the hight of a regular windows taskbar).

Grtx,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 02:13PM by Tuckson.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 11, 2019 03:51PM

Hopefully some day someone with dev skills can solve this sad smiley

Until then, am wondering if toggling any of the "screen" prefs might help?
about:config?filter=screen

Or as usual, search for the same prob with Firefox, the workarounds or solutions work mostly in all gecko browsers.
https://www.google.com/search?q=firefox+fullscreen+second+monitor&btnG=Search&num=30&gbv=1
perhaps
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/35wggz
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1032811/why_cant_firefox_handle_full_screen_viewing_on_a/

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.