Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
File Handling / mimeTypes
Posted by: Borut
Date: June 02, 2019 08:21PM

Recently I defined a new profile. When in that profile, and when clicking for example a link to a pdf file, I am not being asked whether to open or save it, although in Preferences/File Handling both "Offer to save the file" and "Ask whether to open or save the file" are checked. The save dialog appears, without any questions.

When I reactivate my previous profile then everything is as expected again. The content of mimeTypes.rdf is very different - manually copying that file from one profile to another would probably help (but I did not try that). But still, I do not understand why am I not asked what to do, when the option is checked. And why was/is everything as expected in my usual profile?

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: File Handling / mimeTypes
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 03, 2019 12:59AM

The idea is that it became broken after new Gecko engines implemented in 7x.y versions.

You can manage them better through about:preferences url.

Most of the times might works better if you just remove the file type mime definition than setting a preference (ask, download).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2019 12:59AM by JohnHell.

Re: File Handling / mimeTypes
Posted by: Borut
Date: June 03, 2019 03:47AM

JohnHell
You can manage them better through about:preferences url.

Most of the times might works better if you just remove the file type mime definition than setting a preference (ask, download).

Wow! I was completely unaware of that. Thank you very much!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.