Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
CookieCuller: No chrome package registered for chrome
Posted by: Nikolay
Date: June 27, 2018 05:03AM

Hello!

I need this so that the site always remembers me after installing boxing "Remember me always". Now after the closure of K-Meleon, cookies are completely deleted (it's unclear why, in Chrome everything remains).

Anyway, I realized that to achieve my goal I would need to protect the cookies. To manage the cookies, I chose the CookieCuller extension. I installed it without any problems, but at startup I see an empty window. In the debug console (F12), I see the following error after launching CookieCuller: "No chrome package registered for chrome: //cookieculler/content/CookieCuller.xul". Also in the extension it is indicated that the browser settings should be supplemented with the item "menu entry: tools> privacy> cookie culler", but nothing added to my settings!

Then I decided to reach the goal through the Cookie Monster. I installed the software, but at startup it gives the error "Error reading Gecko-based cookies." Check that the browser is not opened ".

Please help me! How do I manage my cookies? K-Meleon really liked me, it's simple and flexible, but the problem of cookies is driving me crazy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CookieCuller: No chrome package registered for chrome
Posted by: Mello
Date: June 30, 2018 09:51PM

Same error mentioned in this old thread with solutions posted at the time, maybe some technical person here can adapt for current K-m.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1951073&sid=f4366389359b23a9e1c9e74435d0ec94

Re: CookieCuller: No chrome package registered for chrome
Posted by: siria
Date: June 30, 2018 10:15PM

Nikolay
after the closure of K-Meleon, cookies are completely deleted (it's unclear why, in Chrome everything remains).

That's not normal, perhaps just a setting?
Check in Tools > Privacy > Clear Data > Clear automatically...

And take a look on about:config page, filter for "clear"

Most Cookie and Password settings are found in F2 > Privacy&Security

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2018 10:45PM by siria.

Re: CookieCuller / Reading error if old sqlite version
Posted by: siria
Date: July 01, 2018 12:31AM

Error with Cookie Monster Addons:
"Error reading Gecko-based cookies. Check that the browser is not opened ".
"Error reading FireFox cookies. Check that the browser isn't opened."

Mello
Same error mentioned in this old thread with solutions posted at the time
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1951073

This link looks very interesting. So that bug is just caused by a version mismatch between browser and sqlite.dll?
Considering there are plenty sqlite databases in the profile, I wonder if this affects some other data-storing bugs too. Perhaps even KM74Goanna on Win98, broken history etc.??

jee pee (2011-Sep-4 in mozilla forum)
I think the version of sqlite change in the latest Firefox.
I replace the sqlite3.dll file in CookieMonster directory by the one download at : http://www.sqlite.org/download.html file : sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3070701.zip
With that change CookieMonster work fine.

Other users confirmed this works for them too.

And another user had luck with this solution:

olslyfox (2012-May-14 in mozilla forum)
This EASY fix worked for me (WIN7, CM 3.4.7, FF 12):
In C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox , copy mozglue.dll to CookieMonster directory and copy mozsqlite3.dll to CookieMonster directory, renaming it to sqlite3.dll (replacing original in CookieMonster directory).

Probably due to different browser versions again, but can't find a "mozsqlite3.dll" in my K-Meleons. Only old KM1.X contain a sqlite3.dll in the root folder.

Posted by: anonymous
Date: July 01, 2018 02:50PM

@siria
Sqlite3 is in nss3.dll, if MOZ_FOLD_LIBS 1 is used.

Posted by: Mello
Date: July 01, 2018 07:00PM

I'm using Goanna and I got that Cookie Monster error.

Downloading a new sqlite3.dll and adding it to C-M directory does work, I was too tired to follow the info in the Mozilla thread when I came across it last night. :drool:

Maybe this should be copied somewhere more prominent a lot of people
like Cookie Monster. I wrote to the developer when K-m first changed over to using sqlite for cookies and he kindly updated C-M to handle sqlite plus an entry in location options for K-meleon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 07:06PM by Mello.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.