Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Discord does not work with K-Meleon
Posted by: K-Meleon Fan
Date: August 28, 2020 09:08PM

First let me say how much I love K-Meleon, I discovered it recently and it is absolutely amazing to browse the web using a third less memory than Firefox and others.

The only issue I have is with discord, I can access the login page but then discord does not run inside K-Meleon for some reason. Is that a known issue? Anything I can do on my side to make it work or is it a bug with the browser?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Discord does not work with K-Meleon
Date: August 28, 2020 09:44PM

I tried changing the user agent to different versions of firefox.

Looked at the error console it seems to be a script interpreter issue

Fri Aug 28 2020 14:41:30
Error: SyntaxError: invalid for/in left-hand side
Source file: https://discord.com/assets/936c2bf45f4a106824bb.js
Line: 1, Column: 7631
Source code:
t;").replace(/'/g,"'")}function r(e,...t){var a={};for(const t in e)a[t]=e[t];return t.forEach(/* ... */

the green arrow points to ...

I don't understand the error itself, can anyone help me?

Posted by: siria
Date: August 28, 2020 09:46PM

K-Meleon Fan
The only issue I have is with discord, I can access the login page but then discord does not run inside K-Meleon for some reason. Is that a known issue? Anything I can do on my side to make it work or is it a bug with the browser?

Doesn't look good:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/178035-discord-and-windows-xp/
If NewMoon27 can't run it, current KM-Goanna76 cannot either, they use the same engine

That's the price for KM lightness and speed, the engine is lacking some "modern" features. Some highly popular Webservices and apps insist to be run always on the latest and greatest equipment, to force users to upgrade. But you may try browsers like MyPal, I keep reading it's quite popular too. Or Basilisk/Serpent, or whatever.

Date: August 28, 2020 09:50PM

This is the whole function in case it helps

function r(e,...t){var a={};for(const t in e)a[t]=e[t];return t.forEach((function(e){for(const t in e)a[t]=e[t]})),a}

Date: August 28, 2020 09:53PM

Thanks, I tried all of those and none compare to K-Meleon, not only they do not work but they take a lot more ram.

The second best browser for ram usage/compatibility is Falkon right now. Discord and zombsroyale.io run on Falkon, but it takes more ram than K-Meleon unfortunately.

Posted by: roytam1
Date: August 29, 2020 04:27AM

K-Meleon Fan
Thanks, I tried all of those and none compare to K-Meleon, not only they do not work but they take a lot more ram.

The second best browser for ram usage/compatibility is Falkon right now. Discord and zombsroyale.io run on Falkon, but it takes more ram than K-Meleon unfortunately.
Qt5 and blink-based QtWebEngine do eat more RAM indeed.

Date: August 29, 2020 09:24AM

Yes Falkon takes more ram than K-Meleon but way less than others, so it is a relatively good compromise until K-Meleon is more compatible.

K-Meleon < Falkon < All Gecko Browsers I tried < All Chromium Browsers I tried < All Opera variants

I eliminated browsers that cannot run simple stuff like discord and zombsroyale.io and others.

Posted by: Shiro Naomi
Date: September 23, 2020 07:56PM

K-Meleon Fan
I eliminated browsers that cannot run simple stuff like discord and zombsroyale.io and others.
That include k-meleon?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.