Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Doesn't load a page with preferences
Posted by: asi_jester
Date: December 13, 2020 12:08PM

Hi guys,
I updated K-meleon from 75.1 using gecko to 76.2.1 or 76.3.1 using the guana engine. I had some preferences on that site and I guess that is the reason why new version of K-meleon doesn't fully load https://www.livescorehunter.com/football-livescores.html . I don't have the old version of k-meleon any more. Is there some file I have to delete in registry or elsewhere so it loads that page without my saved preferences and then I could re-insert them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Doesn't load a page with preferences
Posted by: siria
Date: December 13, 2020 02:16PM

asi_jester
I updated K-meleon from 75.1 using gecko to 76.2.1 or 76.3.1 using the guana engine. I had some preferences on that site and I guess that is the reason why new version of K-meleon doesn't fully load livescorehunter.com/football-livescores.html . I don't have the old version of k-meleon any more. Is there some file I have to delete in registry or elsewhere so it loads that page without my saved preferences and then I could re-insert them?

Not much ideas, only the oldest:
Try changing useragent string: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,148194
Using macro useragents2018 (the included macros are obsolete):
Try toggling Compat modes
Try toggling site-specific settings
Try with a modern UA string...

Or if you wanna test without new macros try manually:
open page "about:config" and input this string pref:
"general.useragent.override" = "Mozilla...." (some modern UA string)
Also check if your build may already come with an automatic site-specific UA for your domain out-of-box:
in filter box input "livescorehunter"

Or if you're still using your old profile (but not likely since KMG is portable by default), then check if a new one might work better or not:
Edit > Manage Profiles / "Ask at startup"
Restart / Click "NEW" button in Profile Manager popup
Now you have 2 parallel profiles, old or new one, to choose from at startups

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2020 02:22PM by siria.

Re: Doesn't load a page with preferences
Posted by: asi_jester
Date: December 16, 2020 01:05PM

Thanks, a lot for taking the time to answer and help me. I haven't fixed my issue yet but I haven't yet tried everything you suggested hopefully something will work.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.