Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
0.4.1 nightly - javascript broken
Posted by: ralph
Date: June 05, 2001 05:08PM

0.4.1 Build 308:

Javascript is somehow broken - although the jsurl.* files are included. Example: Try opening the cam here: http://binaryc.teamreaction.com/ I assume that this is already fixed in later builds (mozilla problem?), but there is no other nightly 0.4.1 build to download. And with this build the double context menu on frames is fixed. :-) So I sticked to it.

But still there is no right-click context menu on images in some cases (see older bugreport).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 0.4.1 nightly - javascript broken
Posted by: Jeff
Date: June 05, 2001 06:58PM

I imagine the js issues are mozilla related, and they're probably fixed with current mozilla builds.

There aren't any new nightlies simply because I haven't been doing much with k-meleon in the last couple of days. Instead, I've been busy coding some other stuff that will be just as much fun as k-meleon. I'll post a link soon when it reaches alpha quality.

The lack of context menus on imagemaps is a known mozilla bug that doesn't seem to be getting fixed. I don't remember what the bug number is.

-- Jeff

Posted by: FredP
Date: June 06, 2001 01:38PM

I thought it was agreed there would be an announcement of sorts in the forums when nightly 0.4.1 builds started to appear ?... :-))))

Posted by: Jeff
Date: June 06, 2001 03:03PM

The .4.1 nightlies haven't been announced because, imho, they're not worth using. I only put two out, and it was just to preview the symbiotic loader - k-meleon itself was pretty bad because mozilla was really unstable for awhile after the .9 release smiling smiley Also, sourceforge was busing being hacked, so I couldn't put anything up on the usual FTP space - and I don't have the resources to host a publicly announced build on my own site. When the next "nightly" build is released, I'll make an announcement.

-- Jeff

Posted by: ralph
Date: June 07, 2001 05:50PM

Jeff,

I noticed on sourceforge that there were only few updates - the last changes in the cvs were made a few days ago and were only little ones (imo) - and I wondered what was up. Thanks for clearing things up. Sounds interesting if that will be just as much fun as k-meleon.

BTW: General question on what sort of feedback you prefer: Should we give immediate feedback on nightly builds or wait for the next build(s) to see if new bugs are fixed in the later release? Or should we decide ourselves considering the importance of the bug?

P.S.: Not important, but anyway... http://kmeleon.org/download.php still says that .3 and .4 were released on the same day. Looks interesting. ;-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.