Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Throbber
Posted by: Steve
Date: October 09, 2001 03:08PM

Throbber stops moving on some pages before they are fully loaded ( I guess, on a page with frames, after the first frame is loaded, it stops i.e. http://www.kanurennsport-web.de/)

Thanks

(GREAT BROWSWER THOUGH, love it! If I could get the visited link color change thing to work it would be my default)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throbber
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 09, 2001 03:34PM

Steve,

Did you see this thread re: history?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=4&i=804&t=804

E-Mail me (my address is in the Help:About if you need the files from Mozilla.

Andrew

Posted by: steve
Date: October 09, 2001 10:39PM

I did see the thread, and I do have the files, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I did what it said to do (except for the fact that my user information is stored in c:\windows\application data\kmeleon\.... etc., but that wouldn't be the problem would it? Anything else that it could be? I did download a mozilla nightly yesturday and it didn't work with those files either (when I first tried it the mozilla files were a month or so old).

Thanks

Posted by: po
Date: October 10, 2001 01:37AM

steve,

i think in this case, you want to actually copy the files to the k-meleon program directory, not the windows application data directory... at least, that's what i did, and it works fine...

--- po

Date: October 10, 2001 03:19AM

Steve,

Po has that right. You would be copying the files to:

C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Components\

Looks like I need to clarify my instructions!

Andrew

Date: October 10, 2001 03:22AM

Steve,

OK, I think my instructions are good. Let me know where you copied the files so we can figure out where this is going wrong.

Andrew

Date: October 10, 2001 07:22AM

I don't think the problem I'm having is related to the *.dll files; I think it is something with the prefs.js file. What I was saying is that my file prefs.js file is located in c:\windows\application data\kmeleon\Profiles\<profile_name>\*.slt\prefs.js.

The instruction at the website (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/custompref.php) say that they should be located in Profiles\<profile_name>\*.slt\prefs.js (I'm guess that would be, for a default installation, c:\program files\kmeleon\.... but I don't have a profiles folder in the kmeleon directory. Where exactly is the prefs.js file supposed to be located? Also, I just copy and pasted the instructions line user_pref("browser.visited_color", "#FF0000"); there is no problem with that specific command is there?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Posted by: po
Date: October 10, 2001 08:43AM

ah, i think i misunderstood you... the prefs.js file IS in your profile in the application data directory... or should be... did you paste the line directly into the prefs.js file, or did you create a user.js file?

Date: October 10, 2001 11:10AM

Steve,

OK, I see the confusion. Po is right again. You want to update the prefs.js file in the location that you found it:

c:\windows\application data\kmeleon\Profiles\<profile_name>\*.slt\prefs.js

I'll clarify the help page on that.

Andrew

Date: October 12, 2001 06:40PM

It just doesn't work, I have no idea why. Maybe my computer is just weird.... running Win98 (anyone else using it), don't see why there should be a problem with that though. It is only appcomps and mork dlls, right? I have the zipped mozilla, not the one with the installer, but link colors change in mozilla, so that should be it either... anything else it could be?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.