Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Extreme slow rendering on CSS (w3c.org url, even)!
Posted by: Thunderball
Date: October 31, 2001 09:36PM

I wonder if I'm alone on this, but I'd imagine that the following page is the first one you'd try to see if your browser supports CSS well:

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

And sure, it does... but it brings my 800mhz computer to it's knees... rendering and scrolling on that page is as slow as an underclocked 386... smiling smiley

/Robert

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Extreme slow rendering on CSS (w3c.org url, ev
Posted by: philb
Date: November 01, 2001 05:09PM

Mozilla (.95) is slow on this page. IE6 doesn't cope with the floating menu. Opera copes just fine.
Phil.

Posted by: po
Date: November 01, 2001 06:17PM

wow... when people start writing pages like that, i'll disable CSS support... which reminds me: was that option taken out of preferences deliberately, or just overlooked in the redesign?

--- po

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 01, 2001 06:31PM

Po,

It was taken out deliberately because the functionality isn't available. There is a pref for that in Mozilla but it doesn't work yet. That's why you won't find it in the Mozilla interface either.

Andrew

Posted by: Brian
Date: November 01, 2001 08:01PM

the w3c uses shitty CSS on purpose, which is really stupid imho; they should be setting an example for CSS authors, not scaring people away.

Posted by: po
Date: November 01, 2001 08:23PM

guess it's kind of a Worst-Case-Scenario drill or something.

Posted by: michel v
Date: November 02, 2001 10:23AM

It's still funny as hell to see the self-proclaimed CSS champion (IE6) choke on that page.
I think what's slowing everything down is the menu. I wouldn't bet my hand on that, but I'm quite sure the floating transparent element is what's slowing down the display, because it has to be redrawn at every scrolling/resizing.
Will test this in a current Moz nightly tonight, but chances are it won't be much faster than on Kmeleon.

Posted by: scratch
Date: November 02, 2001 06:36PM

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.