Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
macro executuion via accelerators
Posted by: po
Date: November 04, 2001 02:33AM

it could just be me, but i can't seem to get macros to work with keyboard commands, not even the 'fish' example macro... they work fine when mapped to toolbar buttons, though.

--- po

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: macro executuion via accelerators
Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 04, 2001 03:19AM

We might need to check that out. I'm sure that was working in 0.5.

Andrew

Date: November 05, 2001 02:31AM

on further experimentation, it seems to work in some cases... so it's probably something screwy i'm doing that i'm not aware of... i'll see if i can pin it down.

--- po

Posted by: dc
Date: November 05, 2001 03:00AM

I can't get the fish macro to work at all. Ctrl-Alt F, right?

Date: November 05, 2001 04:58AM

yeah, there's something weird going on related to, i'm GUESSING (pure speculation, here) something to do with how the actual macro definitions are arranged within the macro.cfg file... it seems like moving things around has an effect on which ones work and which ones don't, as far as accelerators are concerned. it appears to not affect the ability to launch them from toolbar buttons or menus, though... at least as far as i can tell. according to the example, they don't need semicolon delimiting or anything...

Date: November 05, 2001 05:37AM

ok... i think maybe i've hit on something, here... it looks like at least one of the factors involved is the order in which the macros are defined RELATIVE to the order in which the accelerators for them are defined... put simply: they seem to work if the accelerators are defined for them in the same order as the macros themselves are defined... can anyone confirm this?

is this something that should have been obvious to me?

viva.

--- po

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.