Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
IE favorites bug
Posted by: Sean Fritz
Date: November 04, 2001 04:43AM

this bug applies to kmeleon .5 I'm not sure if its been fixed (I'm downloading .6 now to see if it does). I have not looked at the source yet.

When I got k-meleon I had about 40 IE favorites, which didnt fit neatly on the screen, so I clicked 'favorites' 'edit favorites' and moved them into several logical folders. The *last one I created* was "open source" (sort of a catch all for stuff that didnt fit elsewere.

When I reloaded k-meleon (I couldn't get it to refresh while running) it displayed *all* of my folders that I had just created as a subfolder of "open source" (only one forlder "M$ and OEM junk" had subfolders inside of it). I was slightly confused at this point, I reloaded it quite a few times (the first few times I actually had to reboot- I hadn't realized there was a process keeping everything reloaded) it stayed that way. I then created a folder called "Favorites" figuring that it would be better to have everything in that folder than "open source". Upon the next reload it had placed all of the folders in thier correct place.

I left out one thing tho, I'm not sure if it was the favorites folder, or the fact that I had added a bookmark inside of k-meleon that fixed the bug as I accidently did both at the same time. Sorry for that.

I'll look at the code tonight and see if I can figure out why that would be happening. Will ammend this post if I figure anything out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE favorites bug
Posted by: Brian
Date: November 04, 2001 12:49PM

The plugin basically breaks if you don't have at least 1 favorite in the root directory.

Re: IE favorites bug
Posted by: Shelley
Date: November 06, 2001 09:37AM

I was having the same problem. So I moved one link into the root favourites directory and it's all fixed. Thanks :-D

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.