Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Beta 0.6 Cannot Handle <INPUT Type="image&
Posted by: William Wonneberger
Date: November 14, 2001 05:17PM

Problem is reproduceable and not intermittent.

If an HTML page contains a <FORM>, and the form has an <INPUT Type="image">, and the form HTTP type is for either a GET or a POST, clicking on the image associated with the <INPUT> tag does not cause the form submission to be handled correctly, and posted back to the CGI script on the Web server.

Steps to reproduce problem;

1.) Go to www.half.com
2.) Inside the Search: edit control on the main page, enter a keyword search for "All Products", such as "Web browsers" (note, do not include quotation marks when entering "Web browsers" inside the edit control).
3.) Try clicking on the Go circle/input image; the search request is not submitted back to the server.

Notes:
- Problem occurs in running K-Melon 0.6 under Windows 2000 with SP2 applied.
- Mozilla 0.95 for Win32 does not have this problem in handling a form submission through an image input type.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beta 0.6 Cannot Handle &lt;INPUT Type=&quot;im
Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 14, 2001 11:33PM

William,

I just tested this using the same set-up as you have and I could not duplicate the problem you described.

Are you using a fresh install of 0.6 or did you install it over 0.5?

Andrew

Date: November 15, 2001 03:43PM

Hi, Andrew;

Thanks for getting back to me.

My install of Beta 0.6 was fresh, and I haven't had any prior versions of K-Meleon installed on my system.

Please let me know if you would like me to send any additional information or try any additional test conditions on this problem.

Again, thank you for your time and help. I really appreciate it.

Note: I could also not submit this reply nor the original message on this problem using K-Meleon. Please advise if you would like me to un-install Beta 0.6, and then try installing again.

Posted by: Brian
Date: November 15, 2001 03:58PM

it sounds as if you are having problems submitting anything, be it with input type=image or input type=submit, is this correct?

Posted by: D'Sphitz
Date: November 15, 2001 10:17PM

FYI - i had no problems submitting a search at half.com (nor submitting any other forms) using K-Meleon

Date: November 15, 2001 10:43PM

Greetings;

I un-installed, re-downloaded, and reinstalled 0.6, and the form submissions now seem to be working OK. However, I'm still currious as to what would cause HTML form submissions not to work correctly.

Thank you again for your time and help...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.