Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Bugfix Unnecessary clear display?
Posted by: Cantel
Date: November 28, 2001 05:10AM

Everytime i switch to a k-meleon window it seems to clear it self(paint itself in white)
and after that it paints itself witch is annoying since this causes flashes.

I found the problem to be that the class "Afx:400000:8:149e:6:0" has member hbrBackground set to 6 when it should be set to 0 NULL to fix this flashs.
I tested this using API function SetClassLong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bugfix Unnecessary clear display?
Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 28, 2001 02:29PM

You know this is open source, right? You can browse the CVS at http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kmeleon

I only mention it because if you took the time to look at the class properties, it may have been just as simple (and certainly more helpful) to have just identified the bug in the source.

-- Jeff

Re: Bugfix Unnecessary clear display?
Posted by: Cantel
Date: November 29, 2001 03:54AM

Well i already know this type of bug.
So i checked the hbrBackground member of the windows the program uses.
All i had to do to check this is
GetClassLong((void*)hwnd,GCL_HBRBACKGROUND);
SetClassLong((void*)hwnd,GCL_HBRBACKGROUND,NULL);

Now with the sources i can't really check anything because without compiling i wont
be able to test to see if that was really the problem
And to compile the sources i would need the tools for it and to figure out how to do
it.
Not to mention i would need the mozilla snapshots(that i don't have) or otherwise
compile it witch would be much harder plus i would also need to get extra tools for
it.

I couldn't find on the downloads a zip of the source code of 0.6 only 0.5 and it's
harder to view on-line since i can't simply search the files like i do on my harddrive.

A debug snapshot would be very useful to use with the source code thought if you
know where i could get that.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.