Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Wallet.dll IPF?
Posted by: Max Quordlepleen
Date: December 07, 2001 04:51AM

0.6 is working very sweetly for me, except for an annoying sproblem at a site that accounts for around 60% of my online time. At http://wordsmith.org/board, when I try to login I get :

K-MELEON caused an invalid page fault in
module WALLET.DLL at 0167:60bc976b.

etc

I have site cookies Java and JS all enabled, on my Win98SE system. What would be causing this problem, and how might I fix it? I love K-meleon, and having to use IE to access my favourite site is rather vexing. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wallet.dll IPF?
Posted by: Brian
Date: December 07, 2001 07:44PM

look in your profiles directory (probably C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\<random number>.slt\). delete the file with a .s extension. This *should* fix the crashing (it is probably corrupt and if you delete it, it will be rebuilt next time you start k-meleon).

Date: December 08, 2001 07:32AM

Thanks, I'll save this for next time. I took the somewhat more sledgehammer approach and uninstalled then reinstalled. It was worth it to be free of the OE monkey on my back

Posted by: po
Date: December 08, 2001 08:54AM

note: one _possible_ cause of this problem is saving more than one login for any particular site; you might want to keep that in mind if it continues to happen.

Date: December 08, 2001 09:02AM

[note: one _possible_ cause of this problem is saving more than one login for any particular site; you might want to keep that in mind if it continues to happen.]

Aha, I _had_ done that, as it happens. Your suggestion confirms my decision to abandon that, and use another browser for the second login, which is rarely needed anyway. Many thanks for your prompt and friendly help, and I shall continue singing KM's praises loud and long

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.