Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
IE favorites & favorite bar
Posted by: Kristian Duske
Date: December 11, 2001 10:00AM

I have two problems with the IE favorites plugin:

1. It's menu structure is wrong. It seems to load my favorites, but it builds a wrong menu that does not correspondent to the folder structure on my hdd. It seems to put every top-level folder into a subfolder of one top level folder: http://rem.fov120.com/files/favorites.gif
Obviously, it should display the folders "Games", "Links", "Musik", "Security", "Software", "Sonstiges", "Studium" below the top level folder "Entwicklung", and not as subfolders of "Entwicklung/Allgemein". Also, it would be better if it would just name the subfolders "Allgemein" instead of "Entwicklung/Allgemein".

2. When I activate the favorite bar (great feature if it would work), K-Meleon always resets my toolbar layout to the one you see in the screenshot. I'd rather have my URL bar next to my browser buttons though.

Thank you very much for your efforts!
Kristian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE favorites & favorite bar
Posted by: po
Date: December 11, 2001 10:15AM

kristian,

some temporary workarounds:

the 'favorites' menu will work better if you put at least one shortcut into the 'favorites' folder, rather than a subfolder.

i recall that k-meleon would only remember the URL field position if it was in certain places when i was first trying to set it up; you might try putting the URL field and the buttons on the same toolbar, then moving that toolbar to a position below the others, or maybe disabling the rebar menu plugin (if you don't want anything on the same line as the menus... this will also 'fix' keyboard accelerators for the menus).

hopefully you can get things working a little better till they get fixed properly.

--- po

Re: IE favorites & favorite bar
Posted by: Kristian Duske
Date: December 11, 2001 10:31AM

Po,

thank you for your quick reply. Everything works correctly with the fixes you posted. Thank you very much!

Kristian

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.