Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Installing Kmeleon
Posted by: Harold Shrock Jr.
Date: December 12, 2001 02:28AM

I have downloaded Kmeleon twice, to two different locations, but still get an error message when I double click on the kemeleon06.exe file. The message says "Installer too small." That's as far as I can get. I didn't see this mentioned in the bug report. Someone please help.

- Harold

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Kmeleon
Posted by: DJ
Date: December 12, 2001 07:11AM

sounds to me some how cancel is getting hit some how before you get it all downloaded cause that will happen if you don't get the whole download. so maybe not but sounds you don't have the full download

Posted by: Will
Date: December 12, 2001 06:27PM

I have the same problem described by H. Schrock. I have downloaded Kmeleon three times and continue to get the error message, "installer too small". Cannot get program to install.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 12, 2001 07:21PM

Delete the original download file and try downloading again. It sounds like you are not getting the complete download.

Andrew

Date: December 13, 2001 04:00AM

I downloaded the program again on my wife's computer. At no time did I ever hit cancel. When it said that the download was complete, I double clicked on the exe file, but got the same error message. The odd thing about this is that the file that downloaded to my wife's computer was only 977 kb. The first file I downloaded to my own computer was 1805 kb. The second time to my own computer it came out to be 1633 kb. Each time it said the download was complete.

Can someone just e-mail the file to me at rshrock@earthlink.net? I want the version 06.

Date: December 13, 2001 06:52AM

well on my computer Kmeleon almost 4 megs. so I understand its not you but something is not letting it download right , what are you using it download it a , anything to speed up the download ? Like a download Accelerator ?

Posted by: Matt
Date: December 13, 2001 10:48PM

Hi, I originally used IE to download K, and it gave me a message "download complete". When I looked at the size, it was not the full download, and wouldn't even begin to install. When I used Opera to download it later, it came through okay.

Posted by: will
Date: December 15, 2001 02:49PM

I tried what was suggested by another user and tried downloading using the Opera browser. It worked perfectly the first time. Internet Explorer was preventing me from getting a complete download.

Date: December 16, 2001 03:34AM

I finally figured out it was something to do with Earthlink. Earthlink was getting extremely slow, and many times would display a message "Action Cancelled" or something similar. It was letting me on the web about 1out of 10 tries. Finally, I gave up and downloaded it at my office, which has a connection about 10 times faster than the best I ever get from Earthlink. It appeared to have downloaded the entire program this time. I will now delete the old files and try it again. I expect it to go this time.

- Thanks everyone

Date: December 16, 2001 07:50AM

thats good glad to hear you got it

Posted by: Dan Shire
Date: January 07, 2002 07:53PM

I have the same problem. Thanks to this page I will try again.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.