crash on Save As
Posted by: rick
Date: December 17, 2001 03:59PM

I have my default page set to about:blank

Selecting Save As while no page is viewed crashes K-M. My environment is NT4, SP6a plus security fixes as of last week.

Re: crash on Save As
Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 17, 2001 04:01PM

Rick,

This is a known bug. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Thanks for taking the time to report it in.

Andrew

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 18, 2001 01:16AM

why the hell are you trying to save a blank page anyway???

Posted by: rick
Date: December 18, 2001 04:55PM

If a program permits an action, it should not crash when you try it. It also crashes on other invalid pages.

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 19, 2001 12:00AM

I subscribe to the "if the user pees on an electric fence, he deserves to get shocked" philosophy. perhaps I'm just a bad person.

Posted by: Paul
Date: December 19, 2001 12:25AM

Brian,
A program should not crash when it gets invalid or unexpected data (or user input). This is Comp Sci 101 and a good design rule, don't knock it. Unless you are from the "It was hard to write, it should be hard to read" school of computer programming, in which case there's no more to discuss; I'm right. ;{

Paul.

Posted by: Jeff
Date: December 19, 2001 01:14AM

There's also the "open source" philosophy - if it doesn't bother the developers, they'll find better things to do with their time. If it bugs you, go ahead and fix it yourself. smiling smiley

-- Jeff

Posted by: scratch
Date: December 20, 2001 03:12AM

Don't wiz on the electric fence!

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 27, 2001 07:16PM

Oh, pee on it. At least it doesn't crash the whole system (heh-heh, usually...). It gets right up again. I just wish I could save a page that's all there. It works once or twice and then it just pretends. I have to go back and do copy text and paste, which doesn't get me some of the info I want ( I said want, not need smiling smiley) Same with view source. Just stops working. Is it just my silly sistem or is it an honest-to-Bog bug???
One alternative, searching the cache for lost treasures, is proctalgia...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.