Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Hotmail select all messages
Posted by: polo
Date: December 28, 2001 11:35PM

Probably this is a Hotmail bug not K-M. Reason is that for a month now I can't select all messages in an old version of Netscape. It only does the first one and I got JS error box popping up. Installing K-M I still am only able to select the first message when i tick the select 'all' box... annoying as i wanted to delete all that spam in one go. could someone with a hotmail account double check please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hotmail select all messages
Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 29, 2001 04:25PM

Polo,

Where is this in Hotmail? I don't see the option to select all.

Andrew

Date: December 29, 2001 08:43PM

...There's a tick box along each message right... plus one at the very top above the first message to check all the messages.

Date: January 01, 2002 12:51AM

so someone here must have a hotmail account or you could create a test one...

[] From Subject Date Size

[] is the checkbox. ticking this does not select all messages. for a month in NS i can't get this to work and probably it's a bug in hotmail since k-m doesn't appear to do this either unless IE does so...?

Posted by: po
Date: January 01, 2002 01:51AM

you would expect the javascript at hotmail to be somewhat IE oriented, wouldn't you? smiling smiley

hotmail is just plain broken, as far as i'm concerned...

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 02, 2002 09:06PM

Here's the problem:

<script language="JavaScript" src="/cgi-bin/dasp/EN/hotmail___0.js"></script>
<script event=onload for=window language=vbscript>
on error resume next
dim RRMsgrObj
set RRMsgrObj = CreateObject("Messenger.MsgrObject")
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
CA(1)

Else
DotheObject
DoInboxIM
End if
</script>

The script that controls this function is IE-specific and uses VB. Mozilla and K-Meleon are not going to recognize that.

Andrew

Date: January 02, 2002 10:53PM

<plug>incidentally, since these folks made kind mention of k-meleon on their support forum, i guess it's fair to mention them here: www.fastmail.fm is a web mail service that takes great pains to be usable by all browsers, and who's interface will work without javascript support... they also have a pretty nice method for checking your hotmail without having to visit that infernal domain. they're still developing the service at this point, so even the 'full' service is free at this point; eventually, they plan to offer various levels of service, from free to fancy. check 'em out, if ya want.</plug>

Date: January 04, 2002 01:24AM

fastmail looks good from the FAQ, although it appears you can only keep messages for 1 week/1 month/6months... dunno how you choose which length. Somehow for this reason it might just good for testing purposes?

GMX.net too delete emails after 30 days but give you 10 Megs.

One of the nice things about GMX is that when you log in you are told when you last logged in -- GOOD SECURITY! Ne1 know of other services which tell you this? Hotmaill, Yahoo, Eudoramail, Lycos, mail.com don't...

* How does FastMail delete a message after 1 week/1 month/6 months?

Date: January 04, 2002 04:30AM

the 'keep 1 week/1 month/6 months' refers to how long the message is kept on the hotmail (or whatever) server after being downloaded to the FM server... i set it to delete immediately, myself.

fastmail tells you when you last logged in, and (one of my favorite features) tells you of any unsuccessful attempts made in the interim.

you can ask other questions at their forum:

http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.