Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Copying Bold Text URL's
Posted by: Nick
Date: January 04, 2002 06:26PM

I found that if you 'copy text' when it is a bold URL, although it copies to the clipboard, you cannot paste (or nothing gets pasted) into the address bar to allow you to follow it.

Example here... Try the first Bold URL.

<a href="http://intellit.muskingum.edu/intellsite/wwiioss_folder/wwiiossfrance.html">http://intellit.muskingum.edu/intellsite/wwiioss_folder/wwiiossfrance.html</a>;

Nick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Copying Bold Text URL's
Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 04, 2002 07:08PM

This doesn't seem to work in MFCEmbed either. I didn't see a bug for this at Mozilla so I'll do some more testing and file a bug report there.

Andrew

Date: January 04, 2002 07:10PM

For clarification, this only happens when you copy the http:// part of the address. If you start with the www, it will copy and paste to the URL bar.

Andrew

Date: January 04, 2002 07:50PM

Or even, as I found, just part of the URL. It does seem to be the http:// part.

BTW, after testing to make sure it wasn't just me, the bloody link is dead anyway :-D

Nick

Posted by: Mark
Date: January 05, 2002 06:26AM

Actually, it's just the 'h'. :-) It's copying a few newline characters as well as the rest of whatever you select if you select the very first character in it. (Check by pasting into notepad or whatever.) Pasting multiple lines into a single-line textfield such as the url bar only gives you the first line of your copied text. In this case, the first two lines of the copied text are blank lines, so you get nothing.

I've done this from time to time, trying to copy a url and getting nothing... but it's always because I select too far before the beginning of a line and get a newline character. In this case, no matter how careful I am, it always adds *two* newline characters...

Posted by: Mark
Date: January 05, 2002 06:40AM

A little more testing of various cases, and...

Apparently it doesn't like the &lt;blockquote&gt;-newline-space-&lt;p&gt; combination. I couldn't find a specific bug in bugzilla about this, but they have had trouble with copy-html to paste-plaintext before...

Date: January 05, 2002 07:16AM

Mark,

I posted to the embed Mozilla newsgroup. You might want to follow up over there with your info.

Andrew

Posted by: Brian
Date: January 06, 2002 09:14AM

the problem is it's copying the new lines before the 'h', if you open up notepad and paste, you will notice some blank lines before the url. since the url bar is only 1 line, when you paste, only the first (blank) line is pasted.

Date: January 06, 2002 03:46PM

There is more to this than meets the eye, as well.

It also puts a newline at the END of the text, no matter where you stop the 'copy text' at in the line in the above 'bold' URL example page.

Nick

Posted by: kks bisht
Date: January 10, 2002 06:32AM

Hi Nick,
I do not know how you are copying. I've just tried K-M with 'URL followed by one blank line', 'URL followed by two blank lines', 'URL preceded by one space', 'URL followed by one blank' and 'URL preceded and followed by one space, each', and it has worked in all the situation. IE also worked. However, I suppose, no browser will work with 'URL preceded by blank line', because the pasted URL will have no URL in it - only a new
line character.
I copy by placing the pointer just outside the URL, move cursor just beyond the URL (if URL is followed by some text on the same line) or move cursor to the next line (if the URL is at the begining of the line and no text following it on the same line) and it always works.
Regards.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.