Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
start up problem
Posted by: uhzid
Date: January 06, 2002 10:00AM

after i install k-meleon it auto starts up and runs just fine. but once i close it and restart it it will ask me to choose a profile with only the 'default' is available, if i simply click ok the program will say menu.cfg is not found and stuff like that. then the program will continue to load but there will be no menu, no pop up menu and just address bar. i have reinstalled a few times and same thing happened. can someone show me a way to get around this problem please, it is really getting too annoying.

and don't tell me to delete C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\profiles.dat and all the profile folder profile-1, profile-2 etc, it only works for once but if i close and restart it it will keep giving me the same problem.

any help will appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: start up problem
Posted by: andres
Date: January 06, 2002 04:45PM

Didn't the profile dialog have a checkbox "don't ask at startup" or something like that?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 06, 2002 06:10PM

Uhzid,

Did you install this fresh or did you install it over K-Meleon 0.5?

Andrew

Date: January 07, 2002 07:41AM

to andres, yes it did have a checkbox 'don't ask at startup'. but that doesn't help, as soon as i press the ok button the whole thing is going down on me.

to andrew: yep, i installed it fresh.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 07, 2002 03:19PM

Are you using the Japanese/Chinese language pack? I vaguely recall this problem associated with that.

Andrew

Date: January 08, 2002 07:52AM

umm... yes i was, and i just uninstalled k-meleon and deleted the folder and did the install again, still having the same problem. are there any files i need to delete installed by the languag pack..

Posted by: andres
Date: January 08, 2002 09:23AM

I'm not sure if this helps but check under C:\Windows\Application Data. Are there any K-Meleon folders there? If yes, delete them. Or have you saved your profiles in any other folder.

When you reinstall, try to create a different folder for K-Meleon - like C:\Program Files\KM etc.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.