Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Back button does not work after a few clicks
Posted by: kks bisht
Date: January 09, 2002 04:11PM

Hi friends.
I've not tried this for other sites, so i'm not sure whether this is an inherent restriction for all the sites or not. But, when I open a mail in Yahoo and click 'Back' button, after a few successful outcomes, i.e., it goes back to the desired folder and then, for no reason, 'Back' button does not respond at all. So, I've to resort to "Check mail' tab every time (after this kind of a situation) to go back to see another mail.
It may sound a bit confusing, I admit, to those who do not Yahoo for mail, but it is almost similar in other mail mail services.
Can anybody suggest, what could be the reason and the solution, please.
Regards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Back button does not work after a few clicks
Posted by: po
Date: January 10, 2002 01:07AM

most webmail interfaces (i don't know about yahoo specifically) set pages to expire, and can't always be navigated very well with the 'back' button... when 'back' does work, you're probably just viewing a cached version of the page. if you want this behavior, try changing the settings under Edit>Preferences>Cache to something more appropriate than the default.

Date: January 10, 2002 05:50AM

Hi Po,
Thanks. But this does happen always. Sometimes I can move several times 'Back' and 'Forward' and sometimes I can move a dozen times or so. If it'd have happened due to insufficient cache, the number of moves would have been nearly constant. Any other ideas?
Regards

Date: January 10, 2002 06:08AM

i probably didn't express that very well... what i was suggesting wasn't that you were using insufficient space for the cache, but that k-meleon is a little funny about when it decides to USE the cache sometimes... if you have Cache Comparison set to Automatically, you may get erratic results; if you set it to Never it may behave differently on Yahoo, but this might cause other problems with pages not refreshing.

Date: January 12, 2002 10:54AM

Hi Po,
Mine is set to 'Automatically' and the 'Memory' and 'Disk' cache sizes are set to 4096 and 50000 KB's, respectedly. What changes do you suggest to make?
Regards.

Date: January 12, 2002 11:21AM

i have my checking set to 'once per session', which works pretty well for my purposes, but it really depends on what kind of behavior you want... which in turn may depend on what type of site you're visiting. the size setting are purely a matter of how much of your resources you want devoted to the task... it looks like you have enough configured to get you through a webmail session, but only you know for sure... winking smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.