Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Java problems
Posted by: Vampirefo
Date: January 15, 2002 01:00PM

I can't get this scanner nor any other scanner to work with K-Meleon, I find a lot of Java applets don't work with this browser, is this a known bug?

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Java problems
Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 15, 2002 05:02PM

It's often not a problem with K-Meleon but Java. I've found older Java applets often don't work in JRE 1.3, no matter what browser they are run in.

Andrew

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: January 15, 2002 06:22PM

I tried it.
It seems to be a scary thing. I had to download a setup program first, which installs in the plugin directory. Does it smell to spyware? Maybe not, I don't know.

In any case, the plugin won't install in any other directory then the Netscape (4.78 in my case) one. It didn't install in K-M's nor in Mozilla's plugin directory.

As for the virus scan, it worked with NS 4.78

Bernard

Posted by: Greg Bair
Date: January 18, 2002 09:28PM

why don't you just get a real anti-virus program. there's lots of free ones out there, such as AVG (www.grisoft.com)

Posted by: Vampirefo
Date: January 20, 2002 02:11PM

Um, I think you missed the whole point, it's not about an AVP, it's about K-Meleon, not working correctly with Java. I have NAV 2002. IPE, AVG 6, KAV 4, McAfee 6.01, and can get any other AVP I want, But what I really want is for K-Meleon to work with Java, on the above site.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 21, 2002 04:38AM

Try it in Mozilla. If it doesn't work with Mozilla, it's a problem with the Java applet. If it does work in Mozilla, it's probably a problem at our end.

Andrew

Posted by: Jason Saunders
Date: January 29, 2002 03:46PM

I have a problem with the chat rooms at http://www.trouble.co.uk/chat_zone/rooms.shtml

The interesting thing is that Netscape 6.2 works fine with the same jre 1.3.1b24 plugin.

Jason

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.