Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
crash on google 'view as HTML'
Posted by: po
Date: January 21, 2002 10:33AM

k-meleon can't seem to handle the 'view as HTML' links you get for non-HTML results on google searches... for some reason, it always takes my system down whenever i click on one of these. IE seems to handle them ok. i don't know if the fact that these are usually sizeable (for html) files has anything to do with it?

anyone else noticed this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: crash on google 'view as HTML'
Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 21, 2002 03:25PM

Po,

How about an example page so we can all test the same thing.

Andrew

Date: January 22, 2002 12:23AM
Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 22, 2002 02:06AM

Po,

It tool forever to load and was slow to scroll but it did load and didn't crash K-Meleon. I would be curious as the the size of the file. Probably a memory hog.

WinXP - 256 MB RAM - K-Meleon 0.6

Andrew

Posted by: Andres
Date: January 22, 2002 02:16AM

Po and Andrew,

Just for reference: indeed it loads but you probably shouldn't try this at home without at least 256MB of RAM (I am using 192MB on W98SE). It took several minutes and K-Meleon never handled it with normal speed. I think html pages should never be that biiigg... Actually it was just as slow on Opera.

Andres

Posted by: Jeff
Date: January 22, 2002 02:29AM

The page is only 550k, but each item of text uses a div tag to explicitly position the text on the page. The problem is that google's pdf->html conversion does not scale practically to documents this large..

Date: January 22, 2002 02:56AM

yeah, that's about how i had it figured.

it would be nice if they gave some ballpark indication of size for non-html files on the results page. thanks for the feedback, y'all. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.