Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Someone take a shot at this?
Posted by: Norman Prather
Date: February 05, 2002 02:32AM

http://www.3eprofiler.com/faq.shtml#04

The above website claims not to work with Netscape (or KM) due to CSS issues. Someone more knowledgeable than I needs to take a look.

NTP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Someone take a shot at this?
Posted by: John
Date: February 05, 2002 03:11AM

It looks alright to me, with what I could see from the page is displaying exactly the same in IE 5.0 and KM.

Posted by: Myen
Date: February 05, 2002 05:23AM

Actually, accroding to the contents of the page, the links within the FAQ don't work. That is, the <a href=#stuff that matches the <a name=stuff won't do anything. A simplified (text-only) case works, so it probably should go to bugzilla once an isolated case can be made (if not already listed).

Posted by: Norman Prather
Date: February 05, 2002 02:12PM

Sorry I should have specified. I've never submitted a mozilla bug, would someone care to do that?
NTP

Posted by: Deft
Date: February 05, 2002 04:28PM

I can't say I'm certain, but I don't think <a name=24> is valid. The browser would be expecting a string, so the value should be quoted. Oh well, when everyone realises XHTML is the way to go, all attributes will have to be quoted to be valid XML.

Date: February 05, 2002 09:48PM

Ah, it seems HTML is allowed in these forums, the code I was refering to is the anchor with name=24 (with no quotes).

Posted by: Myen
Date: February 16, 2002 05:09AM

Deft:
With my test case though, nothing at all was ever quoted. Think I figured out the reason though:

The content of the page was in a &lt;div&gt; with a style of "overflow: auto"; this looks essentially like an iframe except that it is only one file. When the user goes to the anchor, K-M doesn't scroll because it actually attempts to scroll the whole page only (not the &lt;div&gtwinking smiley and thus doesn't seem to do anything on a page that actually fits within the window. The &lt;div&gt; never bothered trying to scroll to bring the item into view.

Don't have a version of Mozilla to test, so I can't tell if it still does this; someone else will have to test / file bug.

Date: February 16, 2002 02:54PM

overflow:auto (did you mean scroll?) should produce the standard behavior, ie. expanding the box to show all content. I will just try this is moz anyway.

Well, the links worked fine in 0.9.8. I didn't actually get a chance to check the css though, as I managed to crash moz almost instantly...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.