Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Downloads disappearing.
Posted by: Nick
Date: February 12, 2002 06:56PM

OK, hard to explain. First the background story. Have you even noticed that sometimes KM still is showing in the task manager, even though KM is closed, and quick launch is not enabled? You see this sometimes on shutting down when Windows 'reports' KM is not reponding and asks if you wish to close it prior to shutting down the system.

Well, the other night I went to bed D/L'ing a 250MB+ file. In the morning I had the file completed box, and closed it. Came home and done something else and had to reboot. Then later went to get the file.... it wasn't there? I done a full system search and it just wasn't there. I thought I was going bonkers, and maybe pressed the cancel button or something in the morning of download instead, althought I wasn't convinced I did.

Anyway, re my thread in General 'New Sun Java'. I just downloaded here at home. Installed the new Java, and then had an afterthought and uninstalled the old one... which required a reboot. So I did. Windows then reported 'KM not responding' (as above) on shut down.

On reboot, I went to install new java, and the file was MISSING!!!

So I just experimented. It appears if you have the 'close window on completion' check box ticked, this causes KM to still be active in the background even after you shut it down, with a hook of sorts into the recently downloaded file. If you kill it, KM also deletes the file you just D/L'ed.

I think. But I definately had two large files downloaded and then deleted 'auto'.

Nick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Downloads disappearing.
Posted by: po
Date: February 12, 2002 07:21PM

looks like <a href="http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/viewbug.php?bugid=16">bug 16</a>... i thought i was going bonkers for a while, too.

incidentally, i've had this happen plenty of times when the 'close window on completion' box _wasn't_ checked, for what it's worth.

Posted by: Nick
Date: February 12, 2002 09:43PM

Yes, looks the one.

How did you find that? I always search first to ensure I am not duplicating known issues?

This never came up (from my search, anyway).

Thanks,

Nick

Posted by: po
Date: February 12, 2002 10:14PM

ummm... well, to be fair, that particular bug was driving me nuts for a while, so it's always somewhere in the back of my mind... winking smiley but a <a href="http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/findbug.php">bug search</a> on what seemed like the most obvious terms didn't turn up anything for me, either, so don't feel bad. fortunately, the bug list is still small enough to be more or less easily browsed, which is probably a better way of finding things if you don't know exactly what you're looking for... smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.