Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Bookmarks Redirect To Cache?
Posted by: Leaky Dog
Date: February 26, 2002 08:00AM

I did search assuming that I wasn't the first to encounter this but found no
mention of this oddity.

K-M seems to have adjusted part of my bookmark list to what I assume is
the cache. The URL is correct in the edit box ,it is only from the drop-down
that this occurs.

To clarify this....... I'll click 'bookmarks' from the toolbar , any of about 100 or so
URL's I click on will load a page I've recently viewed, NOT the actual URL for
that bookmark. I am aware of the bookmark limit in the current version and
I currently have the max (1,024?) .

If it is related (I have posted about this previously), my cache does not work properly.
That is the buttons to clean the cache in the prefs dialogue does nothing. I am
manually cleaning out the cache files almost continually as the cache would exceed
10 MB's a day if I didn't. My settings for cache size are ignored by KM as well. I
have finally managed to get KM to 'take' my MRU setting to '0' for the drop-down
box.

As a footnote to all of this (and perhaps a larger problem), I've noticed K-M beginning the same strange behavior as every Netscape browser I've ever used (having used Netscape since its first version). That is, KM seems to be crashing more often , loading pages more slowly, not loading some pages at all except with several reloads, showing HTML code instead of rendering it etc. I've been using KM for about a month now and each day it seems to become slower and less stable. Re-installs (3 so far) have not helped at all. I have always referred to this as the 'Meltdown Syndrome' and it seems to be in full force with my KM .

Any advice, suggestions, workarounds or even bizarre ideas are welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks Redirect To Cache?
Posted by: po
Date: February 26, 2002 11:25AM

weird. empty your temp folder once in a while? mine fills with formpost files every time i access webmail or any other sites with form inputs...

i dunno.

Re: Bookmarks Redirect To Cache?
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: March 06, 2002 02:44PM

I haven't had such weird problems with KM, but I started deleting all temp and the swapfile every startup to smooth out big trouble with Fractal Explorer. Seems to make everybody happier, no ghosts of crashes past. The more I groom Windwoes, the better for all. Like a cat. Hairballs, ecch.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.