Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-M freezes on site
Posted by: Herko van Bergen
Date: March 06, 2002 10:44PM

When I try to open http://www.magic-sw.com K-M does not respond anymore after some time loading. It happens to some other sites as well. What could be wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-M freezes on site
Posted by: David
Date: March 07, 2002 01:26AM

Works fine for me ... using KM 0.6 on Win2kPro.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 08, 2002 01:54PM

Works fine on my Win.ME system as well.

Posted by: Jade
Date: March 19, 2002 02:00AM

Works on my Win98 machine too.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: March 20, 2002 12:40AM

Let's add one more version to the list:
Works ok on XP Home.

Goedenavond,

Bernard

Posted by: leakydog
Date: March 21, 2002 09:03AM

STill not enough versions......Win 95B, took a few minutes, grinded a bit but loaded. smiling smiley

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: March 23, 2002 10:49PM

my 2cents - Win98SE overtweaked and cranky, no crash. I even tried scrolling too fast before it was done loading - usually sure death if I really want to see a site.
I did have a delicious K-M crash today while reading Altavista's Babelfish translation of my own webpage, but couldn't repeat it smiling smiley

Posted by: Elagno Cheran
Date: March 29, 2002 03:14PM

Hey guys, don't be fecitious. The initial complaint -- that K-Meleon freezes -- is valid. K-M won't necessarily freeze on the particular site that the first guy mentioned, but it does freeze from time to time, which requires a restart of the browser.

I myself am not too sure how it happens for me, but I remember that the last time it happeend, I was doing a few things (opening links in background, switching between windows, and going back in different windows) in succession right before I crashed.

Posted by: Elango Cheran
Date: March 29, 2002 03:22PM

I just remembered.. Another thing that is interesting is that I had Mozilla and K-M open simultaneously when K-M crashed. (By crash, I mean that all pages rendered in all windows become nearly or totally blank). And then Mozilla started to malfunction in the same way. However, Mozilla has been very often crash-free, and that bug has never occurred in Mozilla for me.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.