Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
No File Save after first time
Posted by: CK Watts
Date: March 25, 2002 10:30PM

This is a strange one. I saved a html file from http://www.united.com and after that first save, K-Meleon would not save any other files. The save dialog would pop up and I would save, but no file would appear in the folder. No other web pages, images or anything else. However, by shutting down windows and rebooting I got the save function back (until I saved another html and then lost it again).

Just so you know, I'm running K-Meleon 0.6 on Windows 98 with the latest versions of the DLLs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No File Save after first time
Posted by: po
Date: March 26, 2002 12:34AM

this is pretty common for me... and something i hope is more stable in the next release. however, i've never had to do more than Exit/Restart kmeleon to get the functionality back (it seems to relate to viewing source, too).

Posted by: CK Watts
Date: March 29, 2002 05:01AM

po,

I discovered the exit/restart K-Meleon trick the next day. Thanks for mentioning it though.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: March 30, 2002 03:43AM

I have been able to get around it by opening a new window for any page I want to save. In fact, "Open in Background" has become my default choice for almost all links - my mouse-hand is on autopilo!. It is a very annoying buggy-wuggy, but it only bothers me now if I let my new habit lapse. Or if I goof up and have to try again, or forget that I used up my one chance 6 straight clicks ago. Wups. smiling smiley
I did the exit-restart at first, then experimented futher. It's much handier - if it will work for you - to open new windows, since you can go back to the previous page.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.