Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
No web site on KM build!
Posted by: Nightingale
Date: March 31, 2002 07:30PM

I just downloaded the new build of KM and, no matter what, no web site will come up at all -- forcing me back to IE. sad smiley What's happened and why can't I get a web site?

Thank you kindly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No web site on KM build!
Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 01, 2002 12:11AM

Nightingale,

What build are you using? The 0.6.5 build is a beta for beta-testers. It's not intended for general use.

Andrew

Posted by: Al.
Date: April 01, 2002 01:39AM

The trouble is, somebody posted the direct download link for the current beta, and as a result a few people are downloading it without having to get onto the developers list first. Big problem especially for "novices" like Nightingale.
Nightingale, the current build is a "beta", which means it is basically not ready for public consumption or use yet, and of course it may not work properly, which is the nature of "beta" software. The main use for beta software is so "beta testers" can test out certain parts and features, and report back to the developers as to what bugs are present. Even if you were able to get the current build to work, then you'd soon find out that you are unable to download anything, as the download dialogue has been disabled. Might make life pretty difficult indeed, especially if you installed it into the same directory as 0.6, overwriting the previous setup.
Nightingale, you'll have to uninstall the beta version you have installed, and re-download the 0.6 version again.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 01, 2002 03:30AM

Al,

Where are people getting that download??

Andrew

Posted by: po
Date: April 01, 2002 04:07AM

possibly here, wherever else:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=2&i=498&t=495

about eight posts down the thread.

Posted by: Nightingale
Date: April 03, 2002 01:38AM

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I ended up doing -- removing the whole KM -- beta and all -- and re-downloading the KM from Cnet. Phew! smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.