Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Buttons On Web Pages
Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 05, 2002 09:39PM

I recently reinstalled K-meleon 0.6 after using Mozilla 9.9 for awhile(couldn't tolerate the lack of real estate their UI causes as well as the slow startup). But I'm having a strange problem with buttons on web pages i.e. the search button on K-meleon's forum page. When I click on them nothing happens. I can't figure out what the cause is. I uninstalled Mozilla along with its directory and folder in Windows Application Data before I reinstalled K-meleon, so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Anyone know what I should do? All plugins and everything else works fine, but this is not a problem I can live with since these buttons are on so many sites including K-meleon's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buttons On Web Pages
Date: April 05, 2002 10:04PM

Solved the problem but I don't know the exact reason why, but it had to do with replacing the oddly named folder located here:

C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default

I tried to transfer my old customization settings to this new installation and it weirded things out a bit and created 2 oddly named folders. So when I tried to delete 1 of them the "Button" problem happened...so I just undeleted it and all is well.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 06, 2002 05:00AM

jsnj,

You can copy your customizations over to a new install. But you have to make sure that any reference to the xxxxxxxx.slt directory in prefs.js reflects the name that the directory has in the new installation. Otherwise, K-Meleon can't find the directory, as the old directory name no longer exists, and it gets confused and exhibits the behavior you described.

You fixed it by blowing everything away and K-Meleon built a new profile where all of the settings pointed to the proper locations.

Andrew

Posted by: po
Date: April 06, 2002 06:01AM

i've found that the easiest way to transport a profile is to move all the _contents_ of your old (saved) profile folder into the new one, overwriting the default contents, then doing a quick search-and-replace with the old/new profile folder names in your prefs.js file with a good editor. at least, that's the best thing i've come up with... smiling smiley

Date: April 06, 2002 07:48AM

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up doing exactly that (what Po described) so that I could delete one of the folders.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.