Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Favorites - again
Posted by: John McLaren
Date: April 09, 2002 11:55AM

Just installed km and disinstalled msie - laughed meself sick while I was doing that!

I have a small problem - the favorites popup doesnt scroll. Checked Preferences - IE plugins is enabled

Does anyone have an answer

Thanx in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorites - again
Posted by: Nick
Date: April 09, 2002 05:51PM

You have to 'click' on the up/down arrows... it doesn't scroll automatically.

Nick

Posted by: Kurt
Date: April 09, 2002 08:36PM

On my Win98SE the thing with favorites-scrolling (bookmarks actually) works fine as Nick says, up and down.
On WinNT it does not. The arrow is there, but no scrolling at all, what so ever.
Has anybody experienced the same? How can I access bookmarks further down the list?

Kurt

Posted by: Mark
Date: April 10, 2002 03:14AM

Hm. What are we talking about here?

The first poster seems to be saying that the favorites menu doesn't scroll, it just runs off the screen. This is a known issue. It is fixed in the NS Bookmarks plugin in the next version. I don't believe it is fixed in the IE Favorites plugin yet.

Then we start talking about arrows. Do you mean in the NS Bookmark edit dialog? Or do you have arrows in the actual menu?

Posted by: Rhys
Date: April 10, 2002 08:17AM

Mark

> Then we start talking about arrows. Do you mean in the NS Bookmark edit dialog? > Or do you have arrows in the actual menu?

I think the poster is referring to the arrows that appear when the favorites list (and bookmarks list) is displayed and the list it extends past the screen. There is an "up arrow" at the top of the favorites list, and a "down arrow" at the bottom. You scroll up/down the list by clicking on the arrows.

Date: April 10, 2002 03:09PM

Hm, I wasn't aware that any such thing existed in K-Meleon. It must be a feature of Win98 and up, I guess, because I certainly have nothing of the sort showing up in KM on my Win95 setup. So I'm not sure that this is an issue with any code in K-Meleon itself, though I may be wrong.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: April 13, 2002 03:10AM

Yes, the arrow thing is strictly Win98, no such critter in 95.
I love killing IE too. smiling smiley

Posted by: Buck
Date: April 14, 2002 09:46PM

Beyond it not wanting to scroll (say, in edit favorites and dragging from point A off to the top or the bottom of the screen [I'm using ME]) I can't seem to get the durned thing to save them reformatted now. I go thru, make changes and nothing seems to take. It seemed to be working up until a day or so ago. Is there something inherent in the prefs that I'm overlooking to make the bookmarks save when I click on 'ok'? I have the history plugin disabled, no IE plugin, and NS plugins enabled. The toolbar is disabled.

Posted by: po
Date: April 14, 2002 10:05PM

the current favorites plugin will always display the menus alphabetized... i'm not sure if this will be different in the next version or not. as mentioned elsewhere, the 'magic' involved in the way explorer sorts those thingers is not a matter of public record, which makes it difficult to try to implement in a non-explorer-based app... there may be people working on it, though.

Date: April 14, 2002 10:37PM

Buck, be sure to differentiate between the favorites (IE) plugin and the bookmarks (NS) plugin. It makes it hard to understand when one is called by the other name.

You're talking about the Netscape bookmarks plugin. It's known that it doesn't really work in 0.6 (e.g., it doesn't save changes), but it should be much better in the next version.

Posted by: po
Date: April 15, 2002 12:40AM

> You're talking about the Netscape bookmarks plugin.

oops... nevermind, then. smiling smiley

yes, Bookmarks and Favorites are two different things in discussng this stuff...

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: April 15, 2002 01:28AM

Just in case anyone is talking about (Favorites) menus and the scrolling thereof, after my last visit I ran into this page that tells exactly what versions of Windwoes and-or IE upgrades bring about scrollability. There are shades of grey. Interesting. I never saw scrollers until I got 98.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.