Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Error in K-meleon pages handling
Posted by: Giovanni De Ferrari
Date: April 16, 2002 05:16PM

Hi, I'm new to K-Meleon. I used it to load some K-M pages (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/index.php) and I discovered it odesn't work properly: it loses some <a> tags and lines. Is it known?

Thanks for help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error in K-meleon pages handling
Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 16, 2002 06:34PM

Giovanni,

Where exactly is it losing the links? Some pages deliberately don't use underlines on links. Is that what you are seeing?

Andrew

Date: April 17, 2002 11:13AM

when I view that page with another browser, I can see much more lines and links (i.e. "about..." line, "command ID..." line) in reference guide paragraph and I can see date of creation and update, which with k-meleon I can't.

Thanks again for help.

Date: April 17, 2002 11:34AM

Giovanni,

Did you make any changes to your preferences?

Andrew

Date: April 17, 2002 07:25PM

I didn't change anything but skins and translation of bar which I downloaded from you site. Don't you have such problems? Can you see perfectly all the page? Maybe I'm wrong, but I installed K-meleon on 2 different machines with Win95 & Win98 and I had the same result.
Thanks for help.
Sincerely
Giovanni

Date: April 17, 2002 09:48PM

Giovanni,

I've never had any problems seeing those things in K-Meleon. This is the first time I've heard this problem reported.. I'm trying to figure out what might be the cause of the problem on your computer. That's why I was wondering if anything had been changed. I'm stumped at the moment. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Andrew

Posted by: Nick
Date: April 18, 2002 11:16AM

Graphics card drivers! I have seen this before, especially with Intel on board types.

Nick

Date: April 18, 2002 12:02PM

I solved the problem: I loaded the Italian version of the page the first time I accessed the docs page and I loaded the English version another time: I thought they were the same on non-translated parts but they aren't: English version contains much more information and k-meleon works well.
I apologize for my error and for having you lost time.
Thanks again.
Giovanni De Ferrari

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.