Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Kmeleon's toolbar is gone
Posted by: Phil Spencer
Date: May 14, 2002 10:02PM

I installed kmeleon on my slower win95b box cause it was a nice fast browser
but to my suprise when i decided to uninstall IE kmeleon's tool and url bar vanished forever. I'm sure it's nice to save time and just use the controls microsoft provides you with but I don't think it's sensible to use the controls of a competing browser

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kmeleon's toolbar is gone
Posted by: po
Date: May 14, 2002 11:17PM

well, the distinction between the controls of a 'competing browser' and the controls of the operating system gets a little blurred on windoze, obviously... there has been talk of reducing dependencies in future versions, but i'm not sure how far they've gotten with that. you might just have to grab those .DLLs and bite the bullet for now... smiling smiley

Posted by: Jon-o Addleman
Date: August 17, 2002 08:18AM

What dll's are needed? I have the same problem, and don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling windows AGAIN (I must have rebooting about 50 times to get it working this time... I miss linux)

Is there a way to reinstall the needed IE components?

Posted by: Jon-o Addleman
Date: August 17, 2002 08:33AM

nevermind... i found it on the CD....

But it didn't solve the problem! Please don't tell me I need to install a newer version of IE... the whole point of kmeleon is to get away from that monstrosity!

It's a rather strange appearance now - no menus, and the navigation buttons are all in a line, with the kmeleon head sort of stuck over them, so you can't get to the back button at all... A screenshot can be found at http://redowl.dyndns.org/~jono/bug.png

Posted by: Andrew
Date: August 17, 2002 02:07PM

You don't need to reinstall IE, just the Common Control Library:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#trouble2

Posted by: skaar
Date: September 12, 2002 12:53AM

my toobar is gone, but not the url bar, i recently upgraded to ns 7, i use a bunch for different things, is there a common thing tween ie and ns that could cause these kind of woes?

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: September 13, 2002 06:05PM

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.