Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
always the same crash at swatch.com
Posted by: tty
Date: May 18, 2002 07:54PM

just try http://swatch.com/index.php?haupt=itime
and wait till the window is opened... shortly after this, k-meleon pisses off.
windows says the problem is at gklayout.dll...

-tty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: always the same crash at swatch.com
Posted by: sven
Date: May 20, 2002 05:13AM

It crashes because there is Java applet on that page which is opened. You proabably don't have Java installed but still have "enable Java" checked in your preferences. This has always been instant crash for KM. Should be documented as warning proabably.

Posted by: timoch
Date: May 20, 2002 01:51PM

I crashed at this site too, and I have 1.3.1_02\bin\NPOJI600.dll installed. I disabled the other java .dlls at the suggestion of an earlier post (this same post recommedned against using v 1.4). I've not had the crashing at any other site that I've found.

Posted by: sven
Date: May 21, 2002 07:36AM

About half a year ago I also advised to stay away from 1.4 for it had loads of problems with existing applets. However, latest incarnation of 1.4 seems pretty stable for me so you might give it a try again some day.

Posted by: David
Date: May 21, 2002 09:12PM

It crashed for met too, and I don't have Java installed nor do I have "enable Java" checked.

Posted by: po
Date: May 21, 2002 09:53PM

well, it didn't crash for me, and i have javaSCRIPT disabled... but that means the site was also completely useless... when are they gonna stop makin' 'em like that? smiling smiley

Posted by: timoch
Date: May 21, 2002 11:39PM

I installed java 1.4, and it worked for me. I tried several of the links and had no problem.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.