Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
*sigh* visited links
Posted by: sven
Date: August 20, 2002 07:00PM

Has anyone got that visited links hack ( http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/pro/kmeleon/khistfiles.htm ) working with latest betas? I certainly am having trouble with it. Or do I need newly compiled mork & appcomps for this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: *sigh* visited links
Posted by: DigitalOnes
Date: August 20, 2002 10:46PM

I certainly haven't been able to get it to work with 6.5 - 431. I noted on one of the links it was advised that you delete the component.reg file, so I tried that as a last resort. The component reg file was supposed to rebuild itself but with the new version it doesn't appear to.

Posted by: DigitalOnes
Date: August 20, 2002 11:07PM

Well I took another look and it does recreate component.reg just not immediately. Anyway it doesn't make any difference still can't get visited links to work.

I realize the emphasis seems to be on size but realistically how many people, other than those posting here, see visited links as an add on and not an integral must have feature?

I just read a review of K-meleon in which they stated that they viewed visited links as an absolute must. I've got to say I agree with them. They went on and falsely represented the K-me team was working to fix the problem. To me the browser is broken without that functionality built in from the get go. And I daresay I'm most definitely not in the minority.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: August 21, 2002 01:36AM

The hack no longer works with the latest version of the beta. I'll update the pages to reflect that. The problem is that Mozilla is working towards an alternative solution for visited links that does not rely on these components. It will be much more lightweight than the current hack.

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=70714

Posted by: sven
Date: August 21, 2002 05:06AM

In my regular development work it doesn't really bother me (link colors are least of my worries at work smiling smiley me but in my regular leisure browsing it does.

I keep my fingers crossed that it'll get fixed soon.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.