Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Browser Crash on Print Preview
Posted by: JangoFett
Date: September 17, 2002 10:19PM

I installed KM yesterday on my 2 computers. Both run 2000 sp3. One I installed over the previous KM and got an error message every time KM started. I then uninstalled and reinstalled and it works. The other I uninstalled first. Then I was looking at the features.

The only problem I had was when I went to Print Preview. The preview would start, a bunch of large (like 72 point) blue overlapping characters of about a single word lenght pop up into the upper right corner, and KM crashes. This happened on both computers, and repeated every time I tried. But now that I rebooted one of them Print Preview works fine. The other one isn't here to test now. Other than rebooting I made no other changes to the system.

Now that it works, I really like the look and speed of the print preview. The only thing that bothers me is the way it works, the easiest way to get out of Preview is the back button. If you try to preview the first page in a new window there is no where to go back. I now see that the Print Preview menu option is a toggle, but that may confuse some people who wouldn't know how to get out other than to close.

NS 4.7 and IE 5.5 change the window interface and add an option to close the print preview. I think that would be a good idea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Browser Crash on Print Preview
Posted by: Andrew
Date: September 17, 2002 11:46PM

Jango,

Thanks for the report. We are aware of this bug. I'm not sure why it is working after a reboot but glad to hear that it is.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.