Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Kmeleon and sound
Posted by: Laura
Date: September 20, 2002 10:17PM

K-Meleon don't play midi files.

Version: 0.6 build 547.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kmeleon and sound
Posted by: Andres
Date: September 27, 2002 05:04PM

If you have proper midi equipment (soundcard + software), that is, if other midi files are played on your computer, you just need a midi plugin.

I think that from

]]http://download.liveupdate.com/plugins/c51n9x.exe[/url]

you can get the free crescendo plugin for netscape. When installing, it asks you for the directory where to install. Whatever is offered, choose your K-Meleon/plugins folder (usually in C:\Program Files\) - so what you should type for the plugin location will probably be as follows:

C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Plugins\

(if you have K-Meleon in another folder, that is not applicable).

After installation, restart K-Meleon. The plugins folder, btw should contain the file npmidi32.dll.

If it doesn't work, there may be something wrong with your soundcard's midi settings. There are probably also other midi plugins. If I remember correctly, QuickTime can also handle midi (not sure, though). Anyway, you can post here about it then.

Posted by: Andres
Date: September 27, 2002 05:07PM

Something went wrong with the previous message, I can never get it right with those tags. Anyway, don't click the link above. The correct address for the plugin should be

http://download.liveupdate.com/plugins/c51n9x.exe

or just search for "crescendo netscape plugin" or similar.

Hope that the moderator will correct my mistake above. I am pretty confident that I wrote the above message according to the instructions but ....

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: October 27, 2002 08:10PM

Now here's an interesting variation. I had 0.6 singing like a canary, but 0.65 has a multiple personality problem. It will play a midi embedded in a web page in a local directory, but when I load the same page on the site, a message pops up about
"Unknown extension on file
f:\k-meleon\profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt\cache\cache\xxxxxxxxxnx01"
I tried a different plugin, no luck.
So why the fluff would it not understand the same midi file in two places?
On the bright side, I can surf in blessed silence where web-happy overenthusiastic types have stuck background muzak on every page ;-) and still check my new work before uploading. Could be worse.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.