Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
what happens???
Posted by: sandr8
Date: October 18, 2002 07:38AM

i've got a brand new laptop with w98se preinstalled...
i installed kmeleon 0.65 and everything was right for some weeks...
on my desktop pc instead i had problems with mscrt???.dll (the same problem mentioned some threads ago...) but here on the laptop it was the first time i installede k-meleon and i had no problems...
then i installed win2k on a second partition, with an NTFS filesystem... and i started to use k-meleon from win2k from the fat32 of win98... k-meleon does work very well under win2k now... but it doesn't any more work under w98... it gives me the same error of mscrt???.dll... and furthermore... once the k-meleon loader has crashed nothing else in windows does work fine anymore... eudora doesn't have any more the file menus and many other apps have empty pop-ups... the system crashes often and tells me about some hassles with mscrt???.dll and user.exe...
i deleted the link to k-meleon loader in the AutoStart menu and everything is fine again... but i've got to use mozilla under win98... hopeful that the 0.7 release will do for my system smiling smiley
p.s.: i also tried to use the windows component update as suggested some threads ago...
bye
sandr8)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what happens???
Posted by: Al.
Date: October 18, 2002 10:40PM

If you follow the thread that you mention, there is a solution to the crash problem you mentioned, you just need to click around a bit.

But just to reiterate on the solution to the problem, the problem arises when you install the beta over the top of your previous K-Meleon install. You need to completely uninstall K-Meleon and re-install it.

Re: what happens???
Posted by: sandr8
Date: October 24, 2002 08:36PM

> But just to reiterate on the solution to the problem, the problem arises when you
> install the beta over the top of your previous K-Meleon install. You need to
> completely uninstall K-Meleon and re-install it.

yes i did already read that...
but...
this - is - a - brand - new - laptop!!! never installed anything before! sad smiley
that's why i can't understand what happens...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.