Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Processing Javascript tags with Javascript disabled
Posted by: Watcher
Date: November 02, 2002 12:28AM

I mentioned what seems to be a network transfer issue in the general forum. After some further checking it seems to be the problem is that K-Meleon is doing some processing of script tags even with Javascript disabled which is leading to additional (and unwanted) network traffic.

For example on a Yahoo TV listings page, the following line can be found:
<script language="javascript" src="http://shopping.yahoo.com/js/mc.js"></script>;

Netscape 4.79 and Opera 6.05 both ignore this since I have Javascript disabled but K-Meleon (and possibly Mozilla as well ?) access shopping.yahoo.com and some other sites specified via similar script tags though no Javascript is actually run. The script tags should definitely be ignored with Javascript disabled.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Processing Javascript tags with Javascript disabled
Posted by: po
Date: November 02, 2002 01:34AM

I've noticed some of this, too... possibly some of the individual capability stuff needs to be disabled, as well? if anyone has any insight into this, hopefully they'll post in this thread...

Re: Processing Javascript tags with Javascript disabled
Posted by: Watcher
Date: November 02, 2002 02:49AM

Doubtful, the individual capability stuff should apply only if Javascript is enabled to disable particular Javascript "features" like pop-ups/pop-unders. If Javascript is disabled then script tags should be ignored. What's the point of fetching and processing .js files which aren't going to be executed ? I would imagine this is a carry over bug from Mozilla. Does K-Meleon 0.65 (or Mozilla 1.1) have this problem as well ? I don't have the older version on my system anymore to check it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.