Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-Meleon not cancelling a download correctly?
Posted by: Tobias Bengtsson
Date: January 24, 2003 05:32PM

First off, I'd like to say that I love your browser. I first started to use it because I was told that I'd have greater anonymity, add to that that it's light-weight and you've got yourself a winning combination.

But, I'm experiencing some problems with version 0.7 build 700.
I've become an avid Freenet-user, but sometimes it seems like K-Meleon locks up while I'm surfing Freenet. It's not so much a problem when I'm doing pure surfing, but when I try to download files sometimes I have to restart the download because my Freenet-server can't find all the needed parts. Here's where the problem kicks in; when I cancel an incomplete Freenet-download, K-Meleon doesn't seem to really cancel the download because when I try to download the file again, the dragon just sits there shooting fire out of it's nostrils. Now while I think that's a pretty cool animation, I get sick of it when that's the only action I get from your browser.. And if I try to cancel the 2nd download and then try to go somewhere else on Freenet, our little fire-shooting dragon-friend starts doing it's thing and before you know it, 30 mins has past without anything happening at all.
Now this isn't always a problem, but it happens sometimes. And it can happen on the first try of downloading something, and it can happen on the 4th time.

Yes, I have tried other browsers (Mozilla, Internet Explorer and Konqueror) and they all work just fine.
Hope it's something you can fix, because I'd hate to have to start using another browser.

Thanks in advance,
Tobias Bengtsson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon not cancelling a download correctly?
Posted by: Tom Zimmermann
Date: January 25, 2003 08:23AM

I had a repeated download of the same files again and again and found out, that in the download window one has to erase the download entry as soon as the download finished. Its a bit annoying but so far the only way I found to prvent KM from keeping downloading again and again.

Posted by: Hugo
Date: January 25, 2003 08:04PM

Tobbe,

(I am just another regular user but) I think I have seen others experiencing about the same problem(???) - try searching this forum for "download" or something..

Also try searching the Bug reporting system (link in the left column).. if you can't find anything - file a bug! And get back here and tell us how it went :-)
/H

Posted by: Klaartje
Date: January 28, 2003 08:47AM

Tobias,
You might want to try StarDownloader. It's a download manager that works well as a plugin for K-meleon and I think it will solve your problem. You can find it at http://www.stardownloader.com/ .

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.